Master Algebra Revision with Exam Tips & Methods | Boost Your Summer Exam Prep

In summary: So x=1 is the correct solution.In summary, the conversation revolved around a student seeking help to remember the method for solving an algebraic equation in preparation for an upcoming exam. The conversation included a demonstration of the method and a sample problem with a solution. It was emphasized that the method may vary depending on the specific equation.
FocusMaths
Homework Statement
4x+5=3x+6
Relevant Equations
Find X

have a Summer Exam , at the begging of next week on all topics that we have done , so I decided to do Algebra , but I forgot have to do it , because it was a while ago, can anyone show me the method again please to memorize.
Thanks in advance .
Workings : add 4x+5=9
3x+6=9
9/3 =3/3
3x=3

• Haha
Likes chwala
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

Do the same thing to both sides of the equation at the same time to simplify it. Try subtracting 5 from both sides of the equation. Then subtract 3x from both sides. What do you get when you do this? Can you show your work using those hints?

4x-3x+5-5=6-5=
1X/1=1/1
X=1

Likes berkeman
Is it correct and thanks

FocusMaths said:
Is it correct and thanks
Yes. And if the problem were a little different, you might have to multiply or divide both sides of the equation to simplify it.

If you ended up with 3x = 7, how would you solve for x?

gif&s=56.gif

Likes berkeman
FocusMaths said:
Problem Statement: 4x+5=3x+6
Relevant Equations: Find X

Workings : add 4x+5=9
3x+6=9
9/3 =3/3
3x=3
Your work only makes sense if you happen to know the solution in advance.
Start with the original equation: 4x + 5 = 3x + 6
a) Get all the terms involving x on one side, and b) get all the constants on the other side.
For the a) part, add -3x to both sides of the equation:
4x + (-3x) + 5 = 3x + (-3x) + 6
Simplify to x + 5 = 6
For the b) part, add -5 to both sides:
x + 5 + (-5) = 6 + (-5)
Simplify:
x = 1

Check by substituting 1 for x in the original equation:
4(1) + 5 = 3(1) + 6, or 9 = 9, a true statement.

Likes berkeman

Related to Master Algebra Revision with Exam Tips & Methods | Boost Your Summer Exam Prep

1. What is the purpose of "Master Algebra Revision with Exam Tips & Methods"?

The purpose of "Master Algebra Revision with Exam Tips & Methods" is to provide students with a comprehensive review of algebra concepts and techniques, as well as tips and methods to help them prepare for their summer exams.

2. Who is the target audience for this course?

The target audience for this course is students who will be taking algebra exams in the summer, such as high school students or college students.

3. How will this course help me improve my algebra skills?

This course will help you improve your algebra skills by providing a thorough review of key concepts and techniques, as well as tips and methods to help you approach and solve algebra problems more effectively. It will also provide practice problems and exam-style questions to help you apply what you have learned.

4. Can I take this course if I am a beginner in algebra?

Yes, this course is suitable for beginners in algebra. It covers fundamental concepts and builds upon them, making it accessible for students at all levels of proficiency.

5. Are there any prerequisites for taking this course?

No, there are no prerequisites for taking this course. However, it is recommended that students have a basic understanding of algebra concepts and have completed a pre-algebra course before enrolling.