Man vs Wild: Bear Gylls in Copper Canyon, Mexico

• Thread starter Astronuc
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Copper
In summary, the TV show Man vs Wild follows the host, Bear Grylls, as he is dropped in remote locations and must survive using only his skills and the resources around him. He faces challenges such as steep mountain sides, dangerous animals, and extreme temperatures. Grylls demonstrates survival techniques such as making fire with a yucca plant and rubbing sticks together. However, some viewers have questioned the authenticity of some of Grylls' actions, as he has a crew traveling with him and has been seen using props. Others prefer a similar show, Survivorman, which follows a lone host, Les Stroud, as he endures the wilderness with only his cameras and minimal gear.
I wonder how they would do on Komodo Island.

Physics news on Phys.org
Evo said:
You have to admit it has shock value. Like the time he tried eating a maggot infested puma he found.

Pfft, Andrew Zimmer eats that kind of stuff all the time and doesn't make faces while eating such things.

One thing I don't Understand is how they film Bear jump from helicopters alone. Moments later after seeing he had jumped alone, they switch to a shot right next to him in the air about the same distance from the helicopter meaning the camera guy would have had to jump at about the same time.

mbisCool said:
One thing I don't Understand is how they film Bear jump from helicopters alone. Moments later after seeing he had jumped alone, they switch to a shot right next to him in the air about the same distance from the helicopter meaning the camera guy would have had to jump at about the same time.

Cyrus said:
Monkey film crews.

Parachuting Monkey film crews !
http://www.slantmagazine.com/images/film/cameraman.jpg

Last edited:
The one thing about survival, is that you never know when your really going to need the valuable tips and tricks that you can learn from such a show. Many of us will never need it, but if just one of us, finds our selfs in a vacation gone bad, something you may have learned from these types of shows my become your lifesaver.

hypatia said:
something you may have learned from these types of shows my become your lifesaver.
Police/Fire/Mountain Rescue etc HATE these shows.
If you get lost hiking or your 4x4 breaks down STAY THERE - you are a lot easier to find sitting in a 4x4 on a logging road than deciding to go off into the woods equipped with your swiss army knife and a couple of episodes of Lost.

A recent sad example, http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-9666094-1.html?tag=nl.e729

Last edited:
Those people didn't watch the show, or they would stripped the vinyl seat, reflective lenses, gasoline, wires and spark plug to build a GPS tower, and signal for help.:-p

Or at least waited for a passing adventure show presenter.
Mugged him, stolen his credit cards and luxury hotel room key and then shared the cameraman's packed lunch.

hypatia said:
Those people didn't watch the show, or they would stripped the vinyl seat, reflective lenses, gasoline, wires and spark plug to build a GPS tower, and signal for help.:-p

Leave MacGuiver out of this...

Back