Magnetize water with external electromagnetic field

In summary, the individual has attempted to create an external electromagnetic field to move iron shavings in a test tube filled with water. Despite trying different methods, such as changing the wire gauge, increasing the voltage, and using AC current, they have been unable to move the shavings. It may be necessary to increase the voltage to 100 volts or more, and use an AC current instead of DC. Alternatively, using a neodymium magnet may be a more effective approach.
walela1
I have created an external electromagnetic field by using DC current connected to magnetic wire that is wrapped around a small test tube. I put water in the test tube. I have increased/decreased the gauge of the wire, increased the volts of the DC current, tried AC current and I still cannot get the test tube of water to move iron shavings. It of course works fine when I put an iron rod in the test tube. Is what I am trying to do impossible? Do I just need to continue to increase the power of the electromagnetic field? If yes, to what? I am currently at 34 volts. Or if I am going about this the wrong way, can you suggest another way for me to try.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
It is possible to move iron shavings with an external electromagnetic field. However, it is typically difficult and requires a much higher voltage than what you have tried. You may need to increase the voltage up to 100 volts or more. Additionally, you may need to use an AC current instead of DC. Another approach you could take is to use a neodymium magnet. This type of magnet is much stronger than a simple electromagnet, and can be used to move the iron shavings without the need for a high voltage current.

It is possible to magnetize water through an external electromagnetic field, but the process can be complex and may require specific conditions to be successful. It is also important to note that the strength of the magnetic field needed to affect water molecules is much weaker than what is needed to move iron shavings.

One potential issue with your setup could be the strength and direction of the magnetic field. While increasing the voltage of the DC current may increase the strength of the field, it is also important to consider the orientation and placement of the magnetic wire around the test tube. Additionally, using AC current may not be effective as it constantly changes direction and can disrupt the alignment of the water molecules.

Another factor to consider is the purity of the water being used. Impurities in the water can affect its magnetic properties and make it more difficult to magnetize.

If you are set on using an external electromagnetic field to magnetize water, you may need to continue experimenting with different setups and conditions to find the most effective method. However, there are also other ways to magnetize water, such as using strong permanent magnets, that may be worth exploring.

Overall, magnetizing water is a complex and ongoing area of research, and it is important to carefully consider the methods and results in order to draw accurate conclusions. I suggest consulting with other experts in the field or conducting further research to refine your approach.

Related to Magnetize water with external electromagnetic field

1. How does magnetizing water with an external electromagnetic field work?

Magnetizing water with an external electromagnetic field involves subjecting the water to a magnetic field, which aligns the water molecules in a specific direction. This alignment is believed to change the physical and chemical properties of the water, resulting in magnetized water.

2. What are the potential benefits of drinking magnetized water?

Some claim that drinking magnetized water can have various health benefits, such as improving digestion, boosting energy levels, and reducing inflammation. However, there is limited scientific evidence to support these claims.

3. Can any type of water be magnetized with an external electromagnetic field?

Yes, any type of water can be magnetized with an external electromagnetic field, including tap water, mineral water, and even distilled water. However, the effectiveness of the process may vary depending on the initial quality of the water.

4. Is it safe to drink magnetized water?

Yes, it is generally considered safe to drink magnetized water. However, it is important to note that there is limited research on the long-term effects of consuming magnetized water. It is always best to consult with a healthcare professional before making any significant changes to your diet.

5. Can magnetized water be used for purposes other than drinking?

Some people also use magnetized water for other purposes, such as bathing, cooking, and watering plants. However, there is limited scientific evidence to support the effectiveness of using magnetized water for these purposes.