Looking for someone to learn QM with

In summary, Alex is looking for someone to help them with the math in a book they are reading on quantum mechanics. They are a software engineer and willing to offer help with programming in exchange. They are also looking for someone to chat with about QM since they don't know anyone else interested in the topic. They are encouraged to post their questions in a forum for better assistance.
AlexGLSY
Hey Guys,
I started reading the book and having some hard time with some of the math.
Would someone would like to help me through the book, and with QM itself(mainly the math)?
In help I mean someone I could send messages with different questions regarding the book and QM.
In return I could help with programming related stuff, I'm a software engineer(backend and devops).
I would really love to meet someone to chat with about QM, I don't really know anyone who's interested at QM and it kinda sucks.

Thanks,
Alex

Physics news on Phys.org
Why don't you post your questions in the proper forum (Quantum Physics or one of the Homework forums)? You will get help from many knowledgeable people.

Related to Looking for someone to learn QM with

1. What is QM?

QM, or quantum mechanics, is a branch of physics that studies the behavior and interactions of particles at the subatomic level. It is a fundamental theory that helps explain the nature of matter and energy.

2. Why is it important to learn QM?

QM is important because it is the foundation of modern physics and has led to many groundbreaking discoveries and technologies, such as transistors and lasers. It also helps us understand the behavior of matter and energy on a microscopic level, which has implications in fields such as chemistry and biology.

3. What are the basics of QM?

The basics of QM include principles such as superposition, uncertainty, and wave-particle duality. These concepts describe the behavior of particles at the quantum level and can be applied to understand various phenomena, such as electron behavior in atoms and the formation of chemical bonds.

4. Do I need a background in physics to learn QM?

While a background in physics can be helpful, it is not necessary to learn QM. Many introductory courses assume little to no prior knowledge and start from the basics. However, having a strong foundation in math and critical thinking skills can be beneficial in understanding the concepts of QM.

5. How can I find someone to learn QM with?

There are many resources available for finding someone to learn QM with, such as online forums, study groups, and university courses. You can also reach out to colleagues or friends who may be interested in learning QM together. Additionally, hiring a tutor or attending a workshop can provide a structured learning environment and personalized instruction.