Looking for science blogs - Which ones do you read?

• Thread starter Kidiz
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Science
In summary, the conversation was about finding science blogs, specifically physics related ones. The original poster asked for recommendations and listed some physics blogs they currently read. They also mentioned that these blogs often have links to other physics and science blogs. Another blog was added to the list later on.
Kidiz
As the title states, I'm looking for science blogs (physics related as well as other sciences). Which ones do you read?
PS: To the admins, I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this thread. I couldn't find a place that explains what goes where.

Physics news on Phys.org
Watts Up With That & PhysOrg.com

Hello there! I am always on the lookout for informative and interesting science blogs. Some of my personal favorites include Science Daily, Scientific American, and The Conversation. These blogs cover a wide range of topics in various scientific fields, including physics. I also enjoy reading blogs from individual scientists, as they often provide a unique perspective and insight into their research. Some of my go-to scientist blogs are Dr. Katie Mack's "AstroKatie" and Dr. Ethan Siegel's "Starts With A Bang". I highly recommend checking them out! Additionally, many universities and research institutions have their own science blogs, which can be a great source of information. Happy reading!

Related to Looking for science blogs - Which ones do you read?

1. What makes a science blog worth reading?

A good science blog should be written by someone with a strong background in the field and should present accurate and up-to-date information. It should also be engaging and well-written, making complex scientific concepts accessible to a general audience.

2. Which science blogs are the most credible?

Credibility is key when it comes to science blogs. Some highly regarded science blogs include ScienceDaily, Scientific American, and ScienceNews. It's also a good idea to look for blogs written by scientists or reputable organizations.

3. Can I trust the information presented in science blogs?

It's important to do your own research and fact-checking when reading science blogs, just as you would with any other source of information. Look for blogs that cite their sources and provide links to reputable scientific studies or articles.

4. Are there any science blogs specifically geared towards a certain topic or audience?

Yes, there are many science blogs focused on specific topics such as biology, chemistry, physics, or psychology. There are also blogs targeted towards different audiences, such as children, students, or professionals in a specific field.

5. How can I find new and interesting science blogs to read?

One way to find new science blogs is to follow science-related social media accounts or hashtags. You can also browse blog directories such as ScienceSeeker or Alltop. Another option is to ask for recommendations from friends, colleagues, or online science communities.