Looking for interdisciplinary institutes/groups (Europe preferred)

Sangunity
Hi everyone, first time posting here! ;)

Does anyone have good suggestions for interdisciplinary groups (preferably based in Europe), focusing on a physics topic/problem? I am considering doing a PhD, and currently, I am doing the broadest research for places. I don't mind if the research is theoretical or experimental, and my best-case scenario would be a position with a good balance of theory-experiment. Currently, the areas of physics in which I have experience (student) of doing research are Semiconductors, and Cold atoms/Condensed matter (theoretical), but I am super open to other topics. Besides my BSc in Theoretical Physics and my MSc in General Physics, I have experience with EDA chip design, informatics, and a strong math background.

DIEP is an excellent example of what I am looking for, but I was wondering if there are similar places. For example, this PhD https://www.d-iep.org/phdtopoinfo they offer is in the ballpark of what I am looking for.

Physics news on Phys.org
Besides physics and math, what other disciplines are you interested in for your PhD research?

I am more than willing (plus comfortable and curious) to engage with topics in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, or Informatics. Potentially something connected with biology/chemistry would be fine too (in the line of devices for biology or biophysical topics), but these are not my strong suit. ;)

Usually the way this works is someone has a research topic in mind that crosses the boundaries between disciplines. This is different - you want to do something interdisciplinary but don;t have a strong preference as to what it is. I think this will be a hard sell, not least because its "backwards" compared to most applications.

Sangunity said:
I am more than willing (plus comfortable and curious) to engage with topics in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, or Informatics. Potentially something connected with biology/chemistry would be fine too (in the line of devices for biology or biophysical topics), but these are not my strong suit. ;)
Here's one listing of physics-related PhD openings in Europe;

https://www.findaphd.com/phds/physics/?10M7W0&Keywords=europe

A quick glance indicates many interdisciplinary projects involving the fields you've listed..