Looking for a good source for problem sets

In summary, the speaker is looking for additional sources for mechanics problems, specifically regarding inertial forces. They mention using "An Introduction to Mechanics" by Daniel Kleppner, but are in need of more problems. They mention a particular question involving a river flow, and express a desire for sources with a similar level of difficulty. They suggest using a course from MIT as a helpful resource.
trooch

Homework Statement

i'm feeling that i didn't quite catch the whole concept of inertial forces very well , and I'm looking for an additional source for mechanics problems .
so far i have been learning and solving problems for "an introduction to mechanics" by danniel kleppner , which is btw is an awsome book , but i need some more.
i have stumbled this particular question:
A river flows from the north to the south in the northern hemisphere at the latitude http://physweb.bgu.ac.il/cgi-bin/mimetex.cgi?%20%5Ctheta. The flow velocity is
mimetex.gif
and the river width is
mimetex.gif
. What is the difference of the water level at the western and eastern coasts ? (Hint: the ratio between the height difference and the width of the river is equal to the ratio between accelerations in the corresponding directions.)

i don't need any help to solve it, but roughly this is the level of the questions i am looking for.
so if anyone could point me to the source of this problem , i will be very grateful :)

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org

Related to Looking for a good source for problem sets

1. Where can I find high-quality problem sets for my research?

There are several sources you can use to find good problem sets for your research. One option is to search through academic journals and publications related to your field of study. Another option is to reach out to colleagues or professors who may have access to problem sets or be able to recommend reputable sources.

2. How do I know if a problem set is reliable and accurate?

When looking for a good source for problem sets, it is important to consider the credibility of the author or organization providing the problem sets. Look for problem sets that have been published in reputable journals or have been created by experts in the field. Additionally, you can check for any reviews or citations of the problem set to assess its accuracy.

3. Are there any online resources for problem sets?

Yes, there are many online resources that offer problem sets for various fields of study. Some examples include academic websites, online databases, and educational platforms. It is important to evaluate the credibility of these online resources before using their problem sets in your research.

4. Can I customize problem sets to fit my research needs?

In most cases, problem sets can be customized to fit your specific research needs. You can adjust the difficulty level, format, and even the specific topics covered in the problem set. If you are using an online resource, check to see if there is an option to customize the problem set before downloading or purchasing it.

5. How often should I use problem sets in my research?

The frequency of using problem sets in your research may vary depending on your field of study and research goals. Some researchers may use problem sets as a regular part of their data analysis, while others may only use them for specific studies or experiments. It is important to carefully consider how problem sets can contribute to your research and use them accordingly.