Looking for a Book on Relativistic Quantum Mechanics with One-Forms?

• Thread starter cristianbahena
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Book Gr Qm
In summary, there is a chapter available online that introduces relativistic quantum mechanics with one-forms, and it is from the book "Particle Physics in the LHC Era" written by Tomasz Skwarnicki and Andrew Walczak. It can be found on the Oxford University website and is the 6th chapter of the book. The author was identified by searching the first sentence of the chapter on Google.
cristianbahena
hi!
Do you know about a good book that introduces relativistic quantum mechanics with one-forms (diferential forms) like the book a first course of general relativity of Schutz does?

Physics news on Phys.org
cristianbahena said:
Do you know about a good book that introduces relativistic quantum mechanics with one-forms (diferential forms)
Why do you think that relativistic QM can be formulated in terms of one-forms?

The page format resembled Andrew Steane's relativity text... so I thought it was him.
But I couldn't find it on his homepage ( https://users.physics.ox.ac.uk/~Steane/teaching/lecture_course.html )

I then googled the entire first sentence...
"The aim of this chapter..." and brought up several close matches at Oxford...
and somehow (i can't recall exactly how I found Walczak... i spent a few minutes in my browser history trying to remember what I did this morning.)
If you google that entire first sentence, the third link is
https://books.google.com/books?isbn=0198748558
where Walczak is an author and the chapter above is the 6th chapter of that book.
The homepage of the textbook is
https://global.oup.com/academic/product/particle-physics-in-the-lhc-era-9780198748557

Likes Demystifier, jedishrfu and BvU

Related to Looking for a Book on Relativistic Quantum Mechanics with One-Forms?

1. What is the best book for learning about General Relativity (GR) and Quantum Mechanics (QM)?

There are many great books available for learning about GR and QM, so it ultimately depends on your personal preferences and level of understanding. Some popular choices include "A First Course in General Relativity" by Bernard Schutz, "Quantum Mechanics: The Theoretical Minimum" by Leonard Susskind and Art Friedman, and "Introduction to Quantum Mechanics" by David J. Griffiths.

2. Is it better to learn about GR and QM separately or together?

Again, this depends on your personal learning style. Many people find it helpful to have a basic understanding of GR before delving into QM, as it provides a foundation for understanding spacetime and the principles of relativity. However, others prefer to learn about both subjects simultaneously to see how they are connected and complement each other.

3. Are there any online resources that can supplement a book for learning about GR and QM?

Yes, there are many online resources that can supplement your learning, such as video lectures, online courses, and interactive simulations. Some popular options include MIT OpenCourseWare, Khan Academy, and the University of California, Irvine's OpenCourseWare.

4. Which book offers the most comprehensive coverage of GR and QM?

It's difficult to say which book offers the most comprehensive coverage, as both GR and QM are complex and constantly evolving fields. However, some books that are known for their thoroughness include "The Geometry of Spacetime" by James J. Callahan and "Quantum Field Theory and the Standard Model" by Matthew D. Schwartz.

5. Are there any books specifically geared towards beginners in GR and QM?

Yes, there are many books that are designed for those who are new to GR and QM. Some popular options include "Gravity: An Introduction to Einstein's General Relativity" by James B. Hartle and "Quantum Mechanics: The Theoretical Minimum" by Leonard Susskind and Art Friedman. These books provide a solid foundation for beginners to build upon.