Logarithm Ques: LAUTECH Student Needs Help

• Thread starter joel ogundeji
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Logarithm
In summary, a logarithm is a mathematical function that is the inverse of exponentiation and is used to solve equations involving exponential quantities. It is calculated by taking the exponent of a number to a given base. The main properties of logarithms are the product rule, quotient rule, and power rule, which allow for the simplification and manipulation of logarithmic expressions. Logarithms are used in various fields such as mathematics, science, engineering, and finance for their ability to simplify and solve exponential equations. To improve skills in solving logarithm problems, practice and understanding of logarithmic properties and rules are recommended, along with seeking help from a tutor or using online resources.
joel ogundeji
i am student of ladoke akitola university of technology ogbomosho oyo state Nigeria . help me on this question log^18-log^10=19

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't see a question here! What is the question?

Also what does "log^18" mean? I that just log(18)? And is that common log (base 10) or natural log (base e)? Or is the problem to find base a such that loga(18)- loga(10)= 19?

If that is the case, you can simplify by using the fact that loga(18)- loga(10)= loga(18/10)= loga(9/5) and then you are trying to find a such that a19= 9/5.

Hello there,

I understand the importance of seeking help when faced with challenging questions. In the given question, we are asked to solve the logarithmic expression log^18-log^10=19.

To solve this, we can use the logarithmic properties, specifically the power rule which states that log(a^n) = n*log(a). Applying this rule, we can rewrite the expression as log^18-log^10 = log(18^1)-log(10^1).

Next, we can use the subtraction property of logarithms which states that log(a)-log(b) = log(a/b). Applying this property, we get log(18/10) = log(9/5).

Now, we know that log(9/5) = 19. Therefore, the answer to the given question is log^18-log^10=19.

I hope this explanation helps you understand and solve the given question. Keep up the good work and continue seeking help when needed. Best of luck with your studies at the Ladoke Akitola University of Technology.

Related to Logarithm Ques: LAUTECH Student Needs Help

1. What is a logarithm?

A logarithm is a mathematical function that is the inverse of exponentiation. It is used to solve equations involving exponential quantities.

2. How is a logarithm calculated?

A logarithm is calculated by taking the exponent of a number to a given base. For example, if we have the equation 10^x = 100, the logarithm to the base 10 would be x = log10(100) = 2.

3. What are the properties of logarithms?

The main properties of logarithms are the product rule, quotient rule, and power rule. These rules allow for the simplification and manipulation of logarithmic expressions.

4. Why do we use logarithms?

Logarithms are useful in many fields, including mathematics, science, engineering, and finance. They allow for easier calculation and manipulation of large numbers, as well as solving exponential equations.

5. How can I improve my skills in solving logarithm problems?

The best way to improve your skills in solving logarithm problems is through practice and understanding the properties and rules of logarithms. You can also seek help from a tutor or use online resources to further develop your skills.