Lockeheed martin experiments with Anti-gravity

In summary, interesting video. The more research I try to do behind this - the more confused I get. Apparently he uses some form of diamagnetic levitation which some say was faked for the documentary. I'm skeptical but I have to admit the video is damn interesting.
Ian_Brooks

interesting video. The more research I try to do behind this - the more confused I get. Apparently he uses some form of diamagnetic levitation which some say was faked for the documentary. I'm skeptical but I have to admit the video is damn interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
The fact that he uses that children's toy to promote his ideas indicates to me that he is shady.

Man, I only wish that Lockheed had some sort of instrumentation that they could use to measure time of flight!

Sometimes I think that if these people ACTUALLY figured out how to do these things then we would know about it.
Other companies and countries would jump all over these ideas spending billions of dollars to develop it themselves... There are some scientific developments that aren't known to the public but these are solely military application. Something reducing the effects of gravity does not only have military applications...

I guess what I'm saying is I don't buy it.

Sorry! said:
Something reducing the effects of gravity does not only have military applications..
http://dilbert.com/dyn/str_strip/000000000/00000000/0000000/000000/30000/0000/500/30562/30562.strip.print.gif

All I had time for was about half the interview but interesting! His drop test should be easy to replicate provided you have some expensive magnets.

drankin said:
All I had time for was about half the interview but interesting! His drop test should be easy to replicate provided you have some expensive magnets.

His experimental method is atrocious and indicative of a fraud.

seycyrus said:
His experimental method is atrocious and indicative of a fraud.

Maybe he is a fraud but what experimental method are you talking about? His dropping objects method?

Wow... the celt is completely Newtonian. He makes it seem all mysterious, but it's just a matter of the geometry of the celt. And he only states half of Newton's law. The other half is "until acted on by a force".

Is this pissing Lockheed Martin off at all?

drankin said:
Maybe he is a fraud but what experimental method are you talking about? His dropping objects method?

Sure thing, I only watched about 5 minutes after that.

He got 9 guys to sign a form or something regarding which hit the ground first? Did they do a pinky swear?

Lockheed has got light gates all around the place, if he was interested in obtaining real data.

The old guy is one hell of a name-dropper, with all kinds of "deniability" to make it looks like he knows a lot that he can't disclose. The "friend of a friend" story about the pilot entering a UFO with transparent walls is a pretty good one, in particular. As someone who has spent thousands of hours looking at the night sky (though, admittedly, with a fairly narrow FOV when using telescopes), I can't say that I have ever seen anything that didn't have a rational plausible explanation. The most dramatic such sighting was a meteor that was so bright that it lit up the ground as I was setting up my scope, and left a trail of ionized gas that persisted for a long time, and slowly drifted off to the East, like the contrail from a jet would hang in the air.

This wiki article claims to explain what it calls his "parlor trick":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boyd_Bushman

Pythagorean said:
Is this pissing Lockheed Martin off at all?
Not as much as when they tested the first prototype outdoors ?

turbo-1 said:
The old guy is one hell of a name-dropper, with all kinds of "deniability" to make it looks like he knows a lot that he can't disclose. The "friend of a friend" story about the pilot entering a UFO with transparent walls is a pretty good one, in particular. As someone who has spent thousands of hours looking at the night sky (though, admittedly, with a fairly narrow FOV when using telescopes), I can't say that I have ever seen anything that didn't have a rational plausible explanation. The most dramatic such sighting was a meteor that was so bright that it lit up the ground as I was setting up my scope, and left a trail of ionized gas that persisted for a long time, and slowly drifted off to the East, like the contrail from a jet would hang in the air.

well you wouldn't see it, with transparent walls and all :wink:

My word, what a bunch of doo doo.

Right out the gate he mentions one of the biggest crackpots going - Hutchison.
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=58448&highlight=Hutchison

Next he mentions number two crackpot - Bob Lazar
http://www.v-j-enterprises.com/sflazar.html

Both subjects are already banned from discussion.

I don't know what the point was with the toy, which is known as a rattleback, but there is no mystery.
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=177961

As for the magnet in the copper tube and the coil above the aluminum plate, see Lenz's Law. We used to do this demo [essentially] using an aluminum plate and an MRI magnet. Just stand the plate up on edge in the center of the field. Ever so slowly it falls over as the energy of motion is lost to heat from induced currents. In the case of his demo with the plate, the changing magnetic field from the coil induces current in the plate, that in turn produces a magnetic field that opposes that of the coil, hence the coil levitates. When the magnet falls through the copper tube, we get the same effect. As the magnet falls, current is induced in the pipe that opposes the motion of the magnet. As soon as the motion of the falling magnet is halted, the opposiing field collapses and the magnet continues to fall.

Finally, he ran some experiment with casual observers but he can't reproduce it for a paper? When he publishes in the journal Science and gets his Nobel Prize, we can talk about it. Five guys with no relevant education do not count as peer review.

This is all complete hogwash.

lol'd @17:52

The 5 Major Forces:
1. The Strong Force (Atomic Binding - Gluons)
2. Electromagnetism (Light - Photons)
3. The Weak Force (W & Z Bosons)
4. Gravity (Gravitons)
5. Magnetism (Magnetic Force)

I hope we get to this new #5 force in my QFT class...

Related to Lockeheed martin experiments with Anti-gravity

1. How does Lockheed Martin's anti-gravity experiments work?

Lockheed Martin's anti-gravity experiments involve the use of advanced technology and materials to manipulate the gravitational field around an object. This can be achieved through the use of high-powered electromagnets or by creating a counter-gravity force.

2. What are the potential applications of anti-gravity technology?

The potential applications of anti-gravity technology are vast and can include transportation, space exploration, and defense. Anti-gravity could potentially allow for faster and more efficient transportation methods, as well as the ability to travel to other planets and deep space without the limitations of Earth's gravity.

3. Has Lockheed Martin successfully created anti-gravity technology?

While Lockheed Martin has conducted experiments and research on anti-gravity, there is no evidence that they have successfully created a working anti-gravity device. The technology is still in the early stages of development and further research and testing is needed.

4. What are the challenges in developing anti-gravity technology?

Developing anti-gravity technology is a complex and challenging task that requires a deep understanding of physics and advanced engineering. One of the main challenges is finding a way to manipulate gravity without causing harmful side effects or disrupting the laws of physics.

5. Are there any potential risks or dangers associated with anti-gravity technology?

As with any new technology, there are potential risks and dangers associated with anti-gravity. These could include unintended consequences on the environment or human health, as well as the potential for misuse or weaponization. It is important for thorough testing and regulations to be in place before the technology is widely used.