Link Colour in Alerts Popup indicates "visited"

• Thread starter hmmm27
  • Start date
In summary, the feature of light blue color indicating "visited" links has been occurring for a while, and the person has just noticed the change. They have checked on another browser and the same issue persists, indicating that it is not a browser-specific problem. They have also switched browsers and the feature remains accurate, which leads them to believe that the information is stored on the website. This feature is appreciated by the person.
hmmm27
Gold Member
ie: the text for linking to a newly modified post in a watched thread is light blue (indicating "visited"), instead of dark blue, which it used to be (which then would change to light blue after the link had been clicked on).

This isn't a new thing ; been going on for awhile ; but it just occurred to me to question the change. Could be my browser, which hasn't had History emptied in a few years... but I just checked another browser and same thing.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
hmmm27 said:
...Could be my browser, which hasn't had History emptied in a few years... but I just checked another browser and same thing.
:woot: Yeah, my browser may be in the same situation.

I'd forgotten about this post, but just checked ; still the same issue. I've even switched browsers (one Firefox variant to another) in the interim (but I think I kept my History).

I think that information is kept on PF for you. As you say, I can switch computers and the feature is still accurate for me. It's a nice feature, IMO.

Related to Link Colour in Alerts Popup indicates "visited"

1. What does the link color in an alerts popup indicate?

The link color in an alerts popup indicates that the link has been previously visited.

2. Why is it important to have a different color for visited links in an alerts popup?

Having a different color for visited links in an alerts popup helps users keep track of which links they have already clicked on, making it easier for them to navigate and avoid clicking on the same link multiple times.

3. How is the link color determined in an alerts popup?

The link color in an alerts popup is determined by the browser's default settings, which can be changed by the user in their browser preferences.

4. Can the link color in an alerts popup be customized?

Yes, the link color in an alerts popup can be customized using CSS. This allows website developers to choose a specific color for visited links that fits their website's design.

5. Is there a way to remove the link color in an alerts popup?

Yes, the link color in an alerts popup can be removed by setting the CSS property "text-decoration" to "none". This will remove the underline and color from all links in the popup.