Like a ray of sun in a dark basement in the day light...

In summary, the person woke up at 8am, had breakfast, dropped off a resume, and went for a walk in the park. Upon returning home, they started doing laundry and experienced a sudden flash of sunlight that they couldn't explain. They are asking for others' experiences and advice on what it could be, but it is suggested that they see a doctor to make sure it is not a serious issue.
angel20
Today i woke up not so early around 8am, i get up and cooked breakfast and eat and had to drive for an hour to drop resume to get a job hehe..and went to a park for a walk to smell fresh air for about an half an hour. I get home about 1130am and i went to my basement to do some laundry, i put the clothes inside the washing machine already i poured the detergent and I'm about to put the fabric softener and this like sun light rays just flashed on me from my back and its just gone that quick, like a blink of an eye. I thought the light came from my little window but i wasn't so sure because it has a dark brown greenish color and its just a little window like size of two boxes of shoes. And for a second i just stand there and thought maybe its just a glare from the fabric softener I'm holding and I'm kind of figuring it out where the sun light like came from, i didn't feel scared or anything or smell or hear anything with that light..its just a flash of the sun light like thingy. Does anyone here experience this too? i want to know what is it..am i going to lose my vision or something? hmm hit me up with your experiences.. thanks!
16341176-vintage-abstract-sun-s-rays-on-the-wall-grunge-Stock-Photo.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

We can't give medical advice here on PF!

The best suggestion is to check with a doctor to make sure everything is okay especially if you felt light-headed or you see more flashes.

Angel, it says in your Profile page that you work in Health Care. As jedishrfu said, you should see your doctor about this. I would recommend seeing a doctor today, because if it is vision related, it is something that needs to be treated soon. Best of luck. :smile:

Related to Like a ray of sun in a dark basement in the day light...

1. What is the meaning behind the phrase "Like a ray of sun in a dark basement in the day light..."?

The phrase is a metaphor for finding hope or positivity in a difficult or dark situation. It suggests that even in the darkest of times, there is always a glimmer of light or hope.

2. Who first coined the phrase "Like a ray of sun in a dark basement in the day light..."?

The origin of the phrase is unknown, but it has been used in various forms and variations in literature and music throughout history.

3. How does this phrase relate to science?

As a scientist, I interpret this phrase as a representation of the scientific principle of light scattering. In a dark space, a ray of light can still enter and illuminate the area, just like how even in the darkest of times, there is always a glimmer of hope or positivity.

4. Can you provide an example of when this phrase might be used in a scientific context?

One example could be in the study of bioluminescence, where organisms produce their own light through chemical reactions. In the depths of the ocean, where there is little to no sunlight, these glowing organisms are like "rays of sun" in the darkness.

5. How does this phrase inspire or motivate scientists?

The phrase can serve as a reminder to scientists that even in the face of challenges or failures in their research, there is always a glimmer of hope or potential for discovery. It can also symbolize the perseverance and determination needed to continue pushing through difficult obstacles in the pursuit of knowledge and understanding.