Learn English & Physics - Question from an Egyptian

• Thread starter hager mahdy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    English
In summary, both Arild and Hager advise learning English and physics simultaneously. Both recommend different resources to help you with this, with Arild recommending using a dictionary and consulting friends, and Hager recommending TV shows and Rosetta Stone. Both suggest that being around people who share your love for physics and maths is a valuable resource in learning.
hager mahdy
hi every one
iam new member here
and iwant to ask you aquestion
iam egyption
and i want to learn english and physics
and my question is:
whats the best (that i learn physics by my language first and then i improve my english)or(that i learn physics by english language and learn english and physics to gether)
thank you very much

Physics news on Phys.org
BOTH.

YOu most definitely need to consult a textbook in Arabic (I guess that is your own language?) on physics.
Ask your tutor about a good English textbook as well, that covers roughly the same material.

Fortunately, the mathematical symbols are universal, so that the real substance in the physics course pose no language problem.

thaaaaaaaaaank you very much
but i need more opinions

Like Arildno above said, both.

Since your aim is to learn English and Physics together, I advise you start learning them likewise. Use a good dictionary, and consult any of your English friends for help. In my opinion, its more easy to find data in English (example: physicsforum is an English forum) than in other languages. This can be wrong because I haven't really tried finding any science stuff in other languages since the only two languages I know are English and French but anyway, if your plan was to just focus on Physics, then English, though important shouldn't be your first target. For now, do both.

You will eventually reach a stage where you can speak and understand English well (if not VERY well). Then you can devote more time to physics.

Another thing, hager:
The importance of real-life FRIENDS who have the same love of physics and maths as you.

Such friends can be hard to find, so be on your lookout for them in your local sphere!

With them, you can struggle, discuss and gradually hone your skills.
Friendly competition is also a great way to motivate yourself for intense studies.

Thaaaaank you very much
ilove this forum

marhaba, hager

Improving your English will open up more resources for you to help you learn physics. The best option is to learn both.

thaaaaaaaaaank you jack

hager mahdy said:
thaaaaaaaaaank you jack

Ahlan. I agree with those who have said that English is critical here, but remember that you will then be fluent in both Arabic and English, which is a marketable skill all by itself! My advice is to do everything; watch some English TV, take Arildno's advice about friends, use something like Rosetta Stone... do it all. The more ways you take in a language, the more it seems to stick in my experience. ma as-salama

nismaratwork said:
Ahlan. I agree with those who have said that English is critical here, but remember that you will then be fluent in both Arabic and English, which is a marketable skill all by itself! My advice is to do everything; watch some English TV, take Arildno's advice about friends, use something like Rosetta Stone... do it all. The more ways you take in a language, the more it seems to stick in my experience. ma as-salama
thaaaaank you very much
:smile::smile::smile::smile:

Related to Learn English & Physics - Question from an Egyptian

What is the best way to learn English and Physics as an Egyptian?

The best way to learn English and Physics as an Egyptian is to find a reputable language learning program or course that focuses on both subjects. This will provide a structured learning environment and resources specifically tailored to your needs.

How can I improve my English and Physics skills simultaneously?

One way to improve your English and Physics skills simultaneously is to read English language science books or articles, as well as watch English language science documentaries or lectures. This will help you learn new vocabulary and concepts in both subjects.

What resources are available for learning English and Physics online?

There are many online resources available for learning English and Physics, such as language learning apps, online courses, and educational websites. It is important to research and find reputable sources to ensure the accuracy and quality of the information.

Is it important to have a strong foundation in both English and Physics to excel in these subjects?

Having a strong foundation in both English and Physics is important for excelling in these subjects. English language skills are necessary for understanding and communicating scientific concepts, while a solid understanding of Physics principles is crucial for solving problems and conducting experiments.

Are there any cultural or societal challenges for Egyptians learning English and Physics?

There may be some cultural or societal challenges for Egyptians learning English and Physics, such as differences in teaching styles and educational systems. It is important to remain open-minded and adapt to new learning methods in order to overcome these challenges.