Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

LaTeX not rendering under Linux/Chrome

DeusAbscondus

Jun 30, 2012
Not rendering for me using Linux Chrome

D'Abs

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012

DeusAbscondus

Jun 30, 2012
Re: Latex not translating for me on IE9

Do you have Java enabled?

Yes, open jdk-6-jre in linux mint, using chrome.

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
I split the most recent posts from the original topic, it was marked as [SOLVED], since this is a new issue. You will be more likely to get timely help with a separate topic.

I have no experience with either Linux or Chrome, but I'm sure someone will be able to offer suggestions. :D

Bacterius

MHB Math Helper
Jan 26, 2012
MathJax doesn't need Java afaik, it's Javascript (yes, they are actually different things).

I use Linux Mint and Chromium (though I'm on Windows/Chrome at the moment). Cannot reproduce, sorry :(

DeusAbscondus

Jun 30, 2012
I split the most recent posts from the original topic, it was marked as [SOLVED], since this is a new issue. You will be more likely to get timely help with a separate topic.

I have no experience with either Linux or Chrome, but I'm sure someone will be able to offer suggestions. :D

Thanks Mark.

- - - Updated - - -

MathJax doesn't need Java afaik, it's Javascript (yes, they are actually different things).

I use Linux Mint and Chromium (though I'm on Windows/Chrome at the moment). Cannot reproduce, sorry :(
Thanks Bacterius.
At least that establishes proof of principle.
I will persist.

D'aBs

PS had this running beautifully under Ubuntu

Evgeny.Makarov

MHB Math Scholar
Jan 30, 2012
$\LaTeX$ renders fine for me on Ubuntu 10.04 and Chrome 27.0.1453.56 beta.

ZaidAlyafey

MHB Math Helper
Jan 17, 2013
I faced the same problem under chrome in different platforms Windows/Linux . In all two cases it stopped rendering suddenly and after some time it suddenly renders , I still can't figure out the reason :confused:.