Kraus Operator in Fock basis

In summary: U(t)|\{0\}\rangle|0\rangle$$which is equivalent to equation (10). In summary, the Kraus operator $A_k(t)$ is defined as a sum over
Muthumanimaran
The Kraus operator is defined as,
$$A_{k}(t)={\sum_{\{k_i\}}^{k}}'\langle\{k_i\}|U(t)|\{0\}\rangle$$

is given in eqn(5) in the [Arxiv link](https://arxiv.org/pdf/quant-ph/0407263.pdf)

the matrix representation of $A_k(t)$ is given in eqn (7) as

$$A_k(t)=\sum_{m,n}A_{m,n}^{k}(t)|m\rangle\langle{n}|$$

with

$$A_{m,n}^{k}(t)={\sum_{\{k_i\}}^{k}}' \langle{m}|\langle{\{k_i\}}|U(t)|\{0\}\rangle|n\rangle$$ given in eqn(8)

Using Wigner-Weisskopf approximation defined in eqn(9),
$$b^{\dagger}(t)=u(t)b^{\dagger}(0)+\sum_{i=1}^{\infty}v_{i}(t){b_{i}}^{\dagger}(0)$$ It is said that $|U(t)|\{0\}\rangle|n\rangle$ can be written as $\frac{[b^{\dagger}(-t)]^n}{\sqrt{n!}}|\{0\}\rangle|0\rangle$, But I don't know how to proceed from here to get eqn (10), I tried to expand $b^{\dagger}(t)$ binomially and acted each term on $|\{0\}\rangle|0\rangle$ but it becomes clumsy. I don't know whether approach is correct or not? I need a hint to proceed with the problem.

Physics news on Phys.org

Hi there,

To get to equation (10), we can use the Wigner-Weisskopf approximation (eqn (9)) and plug it into the expression for $A_{m,n}^{k}(t)$ (eqn (8)). This gives us:

$$A_{m,n}^{k}(t)={\sum_{\{k_i\}}^{k}}' \langle{m}|\langle{\{k_i\}}|U(t)|\{0\}\rangle|n\rangle$$

$$={\sum_{\{k_i\}}^{k}}' \langle{m}|\langle{\{k_i\}}|\left(u(t)b^{\dagger}(0)+\sum_{i=1}^{\infty}v_{i}(t){b_{i}}^{\dagger}(0)\right)^n|\{0\}\rangle|n\rangle$$

$$={\sum_{\{k_i\}}^{k}}' \langle{m}|\langle{\{k_i\}}|\left(u(t)b^{\dagger}(0)+\sum_{i=1}^{\infty}v_{i}(t){b_{i}}^{\dagger}(0)\right)^n\frac{[b^{\dagger}(-t)]^n}{\sqrt{n!}}|\{0\}\rangle|0\rangle$$

$$={\sum_{\{k_i\}}^{k}}' \langle{m}|\langle{\{k_i\}}|\frac{[b^{\dagger}(-t)]^n}{\sqrt{n!}}|\{0\}\rangle|0\rangle$$

$$=\frac{1}{\sqrt{n!}}{\sum_{\{k_i\}}^{k}}' \langle{m}|\langle{\{k_i\}}|[b^{\dagger}(-t)]^n|\{0\}\rangle|0\rangle$$

$$=\frac{1}{\sqrt{n!}}\langle{m}|\langle{\{k_i\}}|[b^{\dagger}(-t)]^n|\{0\}\rangle|0\rangle$$

$$=\frac{1}{\sqrt{n!}}\langle{m}|\langle{\{k_i\}}|b^{\dagger

Related to Kraus Operator in Fock basis

1. What is a Kraus Operator in Fock basis?

A Kraus Operator in Fock basis is a mathematical representation of a quantum measurement process. It describes how a quantum state changes after a measurement is made, and is commonly used in quantum information and quantum computing.

2. How is a Kraus Operator in Fock basis different from other measurement operators?

A Kraus Operator in Fock basis is specifically used for measuring quantum states in the Fock basis, which is a basis for representing quantum states in terms of the number of particles present. It differs from other measurement operators in that it takes into account the specific structure and properties of the Fock basis.

3. Can a Kraus Operator in Fock basis be used for any quantum state?

Yes, a Kraus Operator in Fock basis can be used for any quantum state, as long as the measurement is performed in the Fock basis. It is a general representation that can be applied to any quantum state, regardless of its specific properties.

4. How are Kraus Operators in Fock basis related to quantum gates?

Kraus Operators in Fock basis are closely related to quantum gates, as they both describe how a quantum state changes. However, Kraus Operators are used specifically for measurements, while quantum gates are used for manipulating and transforming quantum states.

5. What is the significance of Kraus Operators in Fock basis in quantum information processing?

Kraus Operators in Fock basis play a crucial role in quantum information processing, as they allow for accurate and efficient measurements of quantum states. They are also used in quantum error correction and quantum channel analysis, making them an important tool in the development of quantum technologies.