Kinematic_plasticity in abaqus

In summary, If you are receiving an error stating "Only one hardening slope is allowed for kinematic hardening", double-check your inputs and ensure that only one hardening slope is entered correctly in the material model.
Arash Karimpour
HI
I am not sure why there is a problem with my material model, I seem to be getting an error: "Only one hardening slope is allowed for kinematic hardening".
material property is:
tangent modulus (Et = 15GPa)
Yield stress is 19000 MPa
please help me

Engineering news on Phys.org
fix this problemThis error usually occurs when two or more hardening slopes are entered in the material model. Make sure that you're only entering one hardening slope in the material model, and double-check your inputs to make sure that everything is correct. Additionally, if you're using a software program to create the material model, make sure that all of the parameters are entered correctly and that nothing is missing.

Related to Kinematic_plasticity in abaqus

1. What is kinematic plasticity in Abaqus?

Kinematic plasticity in Abaqus is a material model used in finite element analysis to simulate the nonlinear behavior of materials under large deformations and stresses. It takes into account the plastic deformation of a material and its effects on the overall structural response.

2. How does kinematic plasticity differ from isotropic hardening in Abaqus?

Kinematic plasticity considers the effects of both the elastic and plastic components of deformation, while isotropic hardening only considers the plastic component. Additionally, kinematic plasticity allows for non-uniform plastic deformation, while isotropic hardening assumes uniform plastic deformation.

3. What are the key parameters needed to define a kinematic plasticity model in Abaqus?

The key parameters needed are the yield stress, strain hardening coefficients, and the hardening modulus. These parameters characterize the material's plastic behavior and can be obtained from experimental tests or from literature.

4. Can kinematic plasticity be used for all types of materials in Abaqus?

Kinematic plasticity can be used for a wide range of materials, including metals, plastics, and composites. However, it may not be suitable for highly brittle materials that exhibit little or no plastic deformation.

5. How accurate is kinematic plasticity in predicting the behavior of a material in Abaqus?

The accuracy of kinematic plasticity depends on the choice of material parameters and the complexity of the loading conditions. In general, it can provide good predictions of the material's behavior under large deformations and stresses, but it may not capture all the intricate details of the material's response.