Kerry Vs. Bush, Miles Per Gallon

• News
  • Thread starter omin
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Per
In summary, the conversation discusses the potential for increased efficiency in automobiles and the impact it could have on the economy and energy use. The participants agree that Kerry may have an advantage in this area during the debates, and that the issue should be taken seriously by both candidates. They also briefly mention Kerry's ownership of SUVs in the past.
omin
Kerry wants more efficiency with our automobiles. I predict he'll win on this point in the debates, if it's capitalized upon.

Why? Any energy saved because of more efficiently built autos is energy that could be directly invested in things elsewhere in the economy. The consumer price could go down, or the consumer price could go up proportionate to the amount of energy saved because of the increase in miles per gallon.

Either way, somebody comes out with energy to be applied where now it's being wasted by every auto not up to standard.

If the consumer spends less on fuel, they save, which increase their standard of living.

If the price goes up proportionate with more efficient autos, either the energy company or the government could take the savings and apply it to more intelligent forms in our infrastructure.

We could even distribute the energy savings. A little bit of savings for the consumer and some for the companies and some for the government would help all.

The idiots behind limiting the mpg are simple energy wasting fools on all grounds.

Anyone disagree or approve, that Kerry has got this point won in the debates hands down?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Oh...I was going to comment on who's vehicle had the best MPG...Kerry's fleet of SUV's or Bush's pickup...but I see that's not what you're talking about at all...

omin said:
Anyone disagree or approve, that Kerry has got this point won in the debates hands down?
I don't think either candidate is seriously addressing the issue. Both are talking about unrealistic pipe dreams like hydrogen power, for example.

But certainly, if Kerry chooses, he can play up the whole Bush-is-in-big-oil's-pocket thing. He'd be wise to focus any response to an energy question on that.

We are all forced to vote on one candidate, if we want to vote. So, I have to take what they are saying relative to one another. I think Kerry has the right attitude on mpg. I have to assume they are taking it seriously.

The mass of automobiles comprise a huge amount of energy use and small changes in savings of energy on the entire infrastructure will leave Americans in genreal with a huge amount of energy to spend in an another way, instead of loosing it to waste. Every American works harder just because the engines aren't brought up to theire most efficient level and entropy of the system increases.

It's too big of a mass and amount of energy to not take seriously at their level of influence.

kat said:
Oh...I was going to comment on who's vehicle had the best MPG...Kerry's fleet of SUV's or Bush's pickup...but I see that's not what you're talking about at all...

I guess it's not, but I thought Kerry didn't himself own an SUV ? Hmmm, maybe that was a long time ago...

Gokul43201 said:
I guess it's not, but I thought Kerry didn't himself own an SUV ? Hmmm, maybe that was a long time ago...
Oh...oh...right, I forgot...it was the "families"! :smile:

Kat and mouse, eh ?

Gokul43201 said:
Kat and mouse, eh ?
Mmmmreeeoooww :wink:

Related to Kerry Vs. Bush, Miles Per Gallon

What is the difference in their proposed fuel efficiency policies?

Kerry has proposed a plan to increase fuel efficiency standards to 40 miles per gallon by 2015, while Bush's plan aims for a more modest increase to 35 miles per gallon by 2017.

How do their plans address the issue of environmental sustainability?

Kerry's plan focuses on reducing greenhouse gas emissions and promoting alternative energy sources, while Bush's plan emphasizes the use of technology and consumer choice to achieve fuel efficiency.

Will their policies have an impact on the economy?

Kerry argues that investing in green technology and promoting fuel efficiency will create jobs and stimulate economic growth, while Bush's plan aims to balance environmental concerns with economic stability.

Which candidate's plan is more realistic and achievable?

This is a matter of debate and opinion. Some experts argue that Kerry's plan is more ambitious and may face challenges in implementation, while others believe that Bush's plan may not go far enough to address the issue of fuel efficiency.

How do their policies align with the current state of the automotive industry?

Kerry's plan may require significant changes and investments from the automotive industry, while Bush's plan may be more in line with the industry's current capabilities and resources.