K-Factor Tables for Sheetmetal: Materials & Angles

In summary, K-Factor Tables for Sheetmetal are reference tables used by engineers and fabricators to determine the K-Factor value for a specific material and angle of bend. These tables are organized by material type and angle of bend, and are used in conjunction with bending equations to calculate the bend allowance and bend deduction for precise sheet metal fabrication. While these tables are generally considered to be accurate, it is recommended to verify results with physical tests or simulations. It is also possible to create your own K-Factor Table, but this requires extensive knowledge and understanding of sheet metal bending and the K-Factor parameter.
DENIS LADIK
hi everybody, I'm looking for tables of k-factor (sheetmetal) for different materials and different angels.

Engineering news on Phys.org
DENIS LADIK said:
hi everybody, I'm looking for tables of k-factor (sheetmetal) for different materials and different angels.
1. What kind of k-factors? Please be more specific.
2. All-Caps in Thread Titles is considered shouting, which is not allowed at PF.

probably friction coefficient

Probably not very urgently required, either.

Related to K-Factor Tables for Sheetmetal: Materials & Angles

1. What are K-Factor Tables for Sheetmetal?

K-Factor Tables for Sheetmetal are reference tables that provide the values for the K-Factor, a parameter used in sheet metal bending calculations. The K-Factor is determined by the material and angle of the bend, and is used to calculate the bend allowance and bend deduction for accurate sheet metal fabrication.

2. How are K-Factor Tables for Sheetmetal used?

K-Factor Tables for Sheetmetal are used by engineers and fabricators to determine the K-Factor value for a specific material and angle of bend. These tables are used in conjunction with bending equations to calculate the bend allowance and bend deduction, which are essential in creating precise sheet metal parts.

3. How do I know which K-Factor Table to use?

K-Factor Tables for Sheetmetal are typically organized by material type and angle of bend. To determine which table to use, you must know the material type and the angle of the bend for your specific project. Then, find the corresponding table and locate the K-Factor value for your material and angle.

4. Are K-Factor Tables for Sheetmetal accurate?

Yes, K-Factor Tables for Sheetmetal are considered to be accurate when used correctly. However, it is important to note that these tables provide a general estimation and may not account for all variables in the bending process. It is always best to verify the results with physical tests or simulations.

5. Can I create my own K-Factor Table?

Yes, it is possible to create your own K-Factor Table for Sheetmetal. However, this requires extensive knowledge of sheet metal bending and a thorough understanding of the K-Factor parameter. It is recommended to use established tables or consult with a professional before attempting to create your own table.