Just want a little hint related to magnetization

In summary, magnetization is the process by which a material becomes magnetized and develops a magnetic field. This occurs through the alignment of microscopic magnetic domains within the material, and can be affected by factors such as composition, structure, and exposure to a magnetic field and temperature. Magnetization can also be reversed through processes like demagnetization. Some practical applications of magnetization include electric motors, generators, compasses, and medical technologies like MRI machines and data storage devices.
core1985
User has been reminded to use the Homework Help Template in schoolwork thread starts
I just want to know that if Fe3+ ions are parallel to Cr3+ ions then I have found magnetization M with given data but I am just little stuck at parallel and anti parallel ions should I add magnetization for parallel ions for Total M and subtract for anti parallel ions for total M? am i going correct??

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, antiparallel ions have negative magnetization.

kuruman said:
Yes, antiparallel ions have negative magnetization.
Thanks it means i have to subtract final answer Total M = (M of iron ions - M of chromium ions) ?

Yes.

kuruman said:
Yes.
So thanks :)

Related to Just want a little hint related to magnetization

1. What is magnetization?

Magnetization is the process by which a material becomes magnetized, meaning that it develops a magnetic field. This can happen through various means, such as exposure to a magnetic field or by being physically rubbed with a magnet.

2. How does magnetization work?

Magnetization occurs due to the alignment of the microscopic magnetic domains within a material. These domains are made up of groups of atoms with their own magnetic fields, and when they align in the same direction, they create a larger magnetic field for the material as a whole.

3. What factors affect magnetization?

The magnetic properties of a material, such as its composition and structure, can affect its ability to become magnetized. Additionally, the strength of the magnetic field and the temperature at which the material is exposed to it can also impact magnetization.

4. Can magnetization be reversed?

Yes, magnetization can be reversed through various means, such as by exposing the material to an opposing magnetic field or by heating it above its Curie temperature. This process is known as demagnetization or demagnetizing.

5. What are some practical applications of magnetization?

Magnetization has a wide range of practical applications, including in the creation of electric motors, generators, and compasses. It is also used in various medical technologies such as MRI machines and in data storage devices like hard drives and credit cards.