Just slightly burned out reading this Quantum group book

In summary, the speaker is discussing their experience in a graduate level course about groups, specifically the challenging topic of Quantum Groups. They express feeling overwhelmed and unable to fully comprehend the abstract concepts, but acknowledge the value in persisting and putting in the effort to understand. They also mention the relatability of feeling overwhelmed with difficult material.
tim_lou
Errr... I have gotten into a graduate level course about groups. It might've been a bad decision but I felt I'm up for the challenge. I got to read some crazy material and write a paper on it as my final grade (3 months to go). I'm currently reading this Quantum Group stuff.

Sounds interesting... but my brain has just taken too much information and I cannot really do anything right now. That thing is so abstract that I cannot think of a good example to gain intuitions... Crazy Hopf Algebras! Who exactly thought of those things?! Well, I guess Hopf.. who knows!

Anyway, it's not that I don't enjoy what I'm doing... I'm just too tired today and needed a place to rant.

Has anyone ever felt the same way? (i'm pretty sure everyone of us has)

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I sort of feel like that after reading your thread. Maybe it rubbed off on me...

Many abstract concepts look completely intractable at first glance. Just give it some time and keep working at it.

Related to Just slightly burned out reading this Quantum group book

1. What is the Quantum group book about?

The Quantum group book is about the study of quantum mechanics, which is the branch of physics that explains the behavior of matter and energy on the atomic and subatomic level.

2. Is the book difficult to understand?

The book can be challenging for those who are unfamiliar with quantum mechanics, but it is written in a clear and concise manner to make it accessible to readers with a basic understanding of physics.

3. What makes this book unique compared to other books on quantum mechanics?

This book focuses specifically on the Quantum group, a mathematical structure used to study quantum mechanics. It provides a unique perspective and approach to understanding this complex subject.

4. Are there any prerequisites for reading this book?

A basic knowledge of physics and mathematics is recommended to fully understand the concepts presented in this book. Some prior knowledge of quantum mechanics may also be helpful.

5. Who would benefit most from reading this book?

This book is best suited for readers who have a strong interest in quantum mechanics and are looking to deepen their understanding of the subject. It may also be useful for researchers and scientists in the field of quantum mechanics.