Jurrasic Park didn't know the half of it

• Thread starter Office_Shredder
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the discovery of the Raptorex, a combination of the Tyrannosaurus Rex and the velociraptor. The speaker expresses awe and fear towards this new predator and wonders about its diet and strength. They also contemplate the trade-off between physical strength and intelligence.
Physics news on Phys.org
Office_Shredder said:
The velociraptor, the world's most intelligent and vicious killer.

Combined into one. We give you... the Raptorex!

Ye gods. Is there anything that can stop them?

Only the...

http://www.icanhasbottle.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/090310_guineasaurusrex2.jpg" !

Last edited by a moderator:
At 9' tall, 143 pounds is very lean. I wonder how much he would eat in a day?

WhoWee said:

I imagine 3 and 1/2 noobosauruses.

WhoWee said:

And he could probably still pick up a car. Humans suck physically. There's few animals that wouldn't maul us in a physical fight.
But I guess that's the price we have to pay for intelligence. I'd rather have the ability to go to the moon whenever I wanted anyway.

Related to Jurrasic Park didn't know the half of it

1. What is "Jurrasic Park didn't know the half of it" about?

"Jurrasic Park didn't know the half of it" is a phrase that refers to the popular novel and movie franchise, "Jurassic Park," which explores the concept of bringing dinosaurs back to life through genetic engineering. It suggests that the dangers and consequences portrayed in the story are only a fraction of what could happen if such technology were to exist in real life.

2. Is there any scientific basis for the events in "Jurrasic Park didn't know the half of it"?

While the idea of bringing back extinct species through genetic engineering is a topic of ongoing scientific research, the specific events depicted in "Jurassic Park" are highly exaggerated and unrealistic. The technology and methods used in the story are not currently possible and may never be feasible in the future.

3. How does "Jurrasic Park didn't know the half of it" relate to real-life scientific advancements?

The story of "Jurassic Park" serves as a cautionary tale about the potential consequences of genetic engineering and the need for responsible and ethical practices in scientific advancements. It also highlights the importance of considering the long-term effects of new technologies and the potential risks they may pose to both humans and the environment.

4. Are there any ethical concerns raised by "Jurrasic Park didn't know the half of it"?

Yes, the concept of bringing back extinct species through genetic engineering raises several ethical concerns, including the potential for unintended consequences and the manipulation of nature for human desires. It also brings up questions about the value of preserving natural diversity and the rights of genetically engineered organisms.

5. Are there any lessons to be learned from "Jurrasic Park didn't know the half of it"?

One of the main lessons from "Jurassic Park" is the importance of responsible and ethical scientific practices. It also serves as a reminder of the potential dangers of playing with nature and the need to carefully consider the consequences of new technologies. Additionally, the story highlights the importance of humility and the recognition that there may be things beyond our control or understanding.