John Travolta: Tragic Loss of a Teen Son

• Thread starter Danger
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Loss Teen
In summary, John Travolta's son recently passed away from a seizure, which he had a history of. Despite any opinions of Travolta as an actor or Scientologist, no one should have to experience the loss of a child. The speaker expresses their admiration for Travolta but acknowledges that it is not the focus. They offer condolences to the family and acknowledge the tragic loss of a child, regardless of age. It is mentioned that the son had a history of seizures and had been dealing with serious medical issues since a young age.
Danger
Gold Member
I just saw on the news that John Travolta's teenaged son died of a siezure, which he had a history of. Whatever one might think of Mr. Travolta as an actor, or a (non-intrusive) Scientologist, or anything else, nobody should ever have to witness the death of an offspring.
I happen to like his acting, and admire him as a man, but that's beside the point.
I want to take this opportunity to express my condolences to the family.

Physics news on Phys.org
There is really nothing sadder then the death of someones child, no matter what the age. My deepest condolences to the family.

Thats too bad. Looking from his medical history online, he was suffering from siezure as frequent as once every four days. He seems to have had quite a lot of serious medical problems since age 2.

Related to John Travolta: Tragic Loss of a Teen Son

What happened to John Travolta's son?

John Travolta's son, Jett Travolta, passed away at the age of 16 after suffering a seizure while on vacation in the Bahamas with his family.

What was the cause of Jett Travolta's death?

Jett Travolta had a history of seizures and was diagnosed with Kawasaki disease, a rare condition that affects the blood vessels, at a young age. It is believed that Jett's death was caused by a seizure related to this condition.

How did John Travolta and his family cope with the loss of their son?

After Jett's passing, John Travolta and his family took time to grieve and eventually found solace in their strong faith and support from loved ones. They also established the Jett Travolta Foundation in honor of their son to help children with special needs.

Did Jett Travolta's death have any impact on John Travolta's career?

John Travolta took a break from acting for a period of time after his son's death to focus on his family. However, he eventually returned to the film industry and continues to have a successful career.

How has John Travolta and his family honored Jett's memory?

In addition to establishing the Jett Travolta Foundation, John Travolta and his wife, Kelly Preston, have also shared fond memories and photos of Jett on social media and in interviews. They also continue to celebrate his life and legacy on his birthday and other special occasions.

Back