Joe Barbera of Hanna-Barbera, dead at 95

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, Joe Barbera, one half of the iconic Hanna-Barbera animation team, has passed away. He was responsible for creating beloved cartoon characters such as Tom and Jerry, Yogi Bear, the Flintstones, the Jetsons, Scooby-Doo, and Huckleberry Hound. Many people have fond memories of watching these cartoons on Saturday mornings, and Joe's talent and humor will be greatly missed. Rest in peace, Joe.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Joe Barbera, half of the Hanna-Barbera animation team which produced such beloved cartoon characters as Tom and Jerry, Yogi Bear and the Flintstones, has died.

..The Jetsons... Scooby-Doo and Huckleberry Hound and Friends.[continued]
http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainment/story.asp?j=204675754&p=zx467646x

I watched all of these cartoons. Saturday mornings were cartoon extravaganzas! For a kid, it was all great entertainment.

Physics news on Phys.org
I loved these shows! (apart from scooby doo, never really got into it!) RIP Mr Barbera.

:frown: Sad, all the great talents are dying.

When i was a kid i used to watch the flintstones, the jetsons and scooby doo. Thanks for the fun, Joe. Rest in Peace, and say hi to William.

I loved those shows! This is sad news :(

That was a great team, thanks for the laughs.

:frown: RIP Joe, and thanks for all the laughs.

Never got into Scoobie, but the rest were great. They really don't make 'em like that anymore.

RIP :( I allways thought that it was one person when i was young, i thought it odd that she (they seemed like feminine names) had two common first names :smile: and later learned it was two people :P

Related to Joe Barbera of Hanna-Barbera, dead at 95

What was Joe Barbera known for?

Joe Barbera was known for being one half of the famous animation duo, Hanna-Barbera, responsible for creating beloved cartoon characters such as Tom and Jerry, The Flintstones, and Scooby-Doo.

How old was Joe Barbera when he passed away?

Joe Barbera passed away at the age of 95.

What were some of Joe Barbera's most famous works?

Some of Joe Barbera's most famous works include creating and producing iconic cartoons such as The Flintstones, Scooby-Doo, and The Jetsons. He also worked on other popular shows like Tom and Jerry and Yogi Bear.

How did Joe Barbera impact the world of animation?

Joe Barbera's contributions to animation have had a lasting impact on the industry. He helped pioneer the use of limited animation techniques, allowing for faster and more cost-effective production of cartoons. He also created many beloved and enduring characters that are still enjoyed by audiences today.

What is Joe Barbera's legacy?

Joe Barbera's legacy is one of creativity and innovation in the world of animation. His works have entertained and inspired generations, and his techniques and characters continue to be influential in the industry today. He will always be remembered as a pioneer in the art of animation.

Back