Job Opportunity: Surveying in Training, Make Double Salary & Benefits

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Job
In summary, Mike is an ex-Air Force fellow who is interested in working with the latest technology, including GPS, lasers and the Mexican backhoe. He started out about 5 or 6 months ago and already has nearly doubled his salary, got a company truck, company cell phone and a computer. However, he warns that the starting salary is low and the job is hot and summers in Arizona are bad. He also mentions that he doesn't lie, all the stupid things he's said he's done here are quite common. Jolene is the sister of Mike and he runs into her soon who he mentions he ran into an ex-Air Force fellow named Bob Phillips. He tells her about his discovery of an ancient Indian obsidian axe
tribdog
Interested in working with the latest technology, including GPS, lasers and the Mexican backhoe. We just fired an idiot and are looking to replace him. Not so much for the idiot position, but the surveyor in training position. Great career opportunity. I am billed out at $300 an hour so there is definitely good money in surveying, once you get licensed. I started out about 5 or 6 months ago and already have nearly doubled my salary, got a company truck, company cell phone and a computer. Downsides include starting at the bottom, hot summers in Arizona and working for me.

Physics news on Phys.org
Warning: I don't lie, all the stupid things I've said I've done here, except for the murders, are quite common. Strange situations seem to find me irresistable.
Also when I say starting at the bottom you have to realize that the entire company and everyone working here can and has gone to lunch in one vehicle with enough room left over to pick up a couple of hitchhikers.

Another downside: employees get paid when the company gets paid so sometimes a week or two goes by without a check, but you usually end up getting a raise out of the boss cause he feels bad.

Tribdog said:
Anyone need job

And I thought grammar was one of your pet peeves.

Mike

Sounds like it would be interesting, but there's that whole school thing...

mjwhip2 said:
And I thought grammar was one of your pet peeves.

Mike
Wow, are you my brother? What's up? Long time no see.

Hey! Yeah, trib! Your brother's been here and been telling us all KINDS of cool things about you! :biggrin:

You, TRIBDOG, you!

tribdog said:
Wow, are you my brother? What's up? Long time no see.

None other. Just working. Hey, Jolene is going to be down there in about a week if you wanted to see the boys. I can't make it though, I'll be in Oklahoma City for a school. I'm sure you remember those times with dad. My school is only a week this time. Although I did spend 3 months there this summer, and will have another 2 months next summer.

I will possibly be bombarding this site with stories of your antics while you were a kid although I don't remember any as unique (or stupid) as some I have read on here. I do have some baby pictures I may post as well :rolleyes: . How much money do you have? I am not above taking bribes.
Shoot me an e-mail if you wanna. user name at aol.
Talk to you later
Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
mjwhip2 said:
I will possibly be bombarding this site with stories of your antics while you were a kid although I don't remember any as unique (or stupid) as some I have read on here. I do have some baby pictures I may post as well :rolleyes: . How much money do you have? I am not above taking bribes.
I'll pay! How much do you want? :-p :biggrin:

We have CHOCOLATE, Mike! We give chocolate for stories! :buggrin:

Tsunami said:
:buggrin:
That's a new one. :bugeye:

Evo said:
That's a new one. :bugeye:
rented fingers...

Oh man, you haven't been going into the archives have you Mike? You shouldn't have to, there's not much in there anyway. Right everybody? Tribdog is sort of boring, stays out of trouble, that sort of thing.

tribdog said:
Oh man, you haven't been going into the archives have you Mike? You shouldn't have to, there's not much in there anyway. Right everybody? Tribdog is sort of boring, stays out of trouble, that sort of thing.
Yeah right! :smile:

tribdog, you make life worth living. :approve:

tribdog said:
Tribdog is sort of boring, stays out of trouble, that sort of thing.
Of course. Never caused any trouble. Always on the straight and narrow. Gotcha. I believe we all know better.
Mike

I ran into an ex-Air Force fellow named Bob Phillips who has his own GPS company in the Phoenix area. It turns out he found an ancient Indian obsidian axe head alongside a road in eastern New Mexico that I have been on. It is now on display at a museum in Denver, he says.

tribdog said:
<snort>
:smile:

Oh dear, I find it hard enough to deal with one tribdog... now there are two! however mjwhip2 seems like the easily converted fellow. Give me ammunition to use against tribdog and you can have a shiny penny!

don't listen to him Mike. JP doesn't have a shiny penny, he's always begging for cash.

:biggrin: if you weren't such a skinflint and donated, I might have a shiny penny to give him!

Related to Job Opportunity: Surveying in Training, Make Double Salary & Benefits

What is surveying?

Surveying is the process of measuring and mapping the relative positions of points and features on the Earth's surface. It is an essential field of science used in various industries such as construction, engineering, and land development.

What is the job opportunity for surveying in training?

The job opportunity for surveying in training is quite promising. As the demand for land development and infrastructure projects continues to rise, there is a growing need for trained surveyors. With proper training and experience, one can expect to secure a job in surveying with competitive pay and benefits.

What are the benefits of pursuing a career in surveying?

There are many benefits to pursuing a career in surveying. Some of the key benefits include high job satisfaction, excellent pay, and opportunities for career advancement. Additionally, surveying is a constantly evolving field, allowing for continuous learning and professional growth.

What qualifications are required for a career in surveying?

To work as a surveyor, one typically needs a bachelor's degree in surveying, civil engineering, or a related field. Additional certifications and licenses may also be required depending on the state or country. It is also essential to have strong analytical and technical skills, as well as attention to detail.

What is the salary range for a surveying job?

The salary range for a surveying job varies depending on factors such as experience, location, and industry. On average, surveyors can expect to make a starting salary of $50,000 to $60,000 per year, with the potential to earn up to six figures with more experience and specialized skills.