Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Issue about posting in this one thread.

topsquark

MHB Math Helper
Aug 30, 2012
This is in reference to this thread.

When you make a post in a thread the screen refreshes and you see an updated list of posts with your new post at the bottom of the page. (Actually I have mine inverted so I see the new post at the top.) For this particular thread, though, when I make a new post the updated list has post #3 come up on top, not the new post I made.

It seems to be just this thread.

-Dan

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Thank you Dan for calling this to our attention...when I set my Thread Display Mode to "Linear - Newest First" and then post in that thread, I am not take to the second page but rather the top of the first page where I see, in my case, post #4.

At the moment I have no idea what is causing this, and I normally use the "Oldest First" mode so I have no experience at all with the other mode. But we will investigate the matter and if a solution is found, we will post back. I may try simply moving all of the posts to a new thread to see if that fixes the issue. :D

edit: Moving the posts did nnot change anything, and when I tried posting in another thread with more than one page, I got the same behavior, and so I assume this is the way vBulletin is meant to behave. :D You could try setting the number of posts per page to a higher number to reduce the chances of this happening. :eek:

topsquark

MHB Math Helper
Aug 30, 2012
I'[l keep the posts/page in mind. Otherwise since it only seems to be this thread (for me anyway) I'm not going to worry about it.

Thanks for the work.

-Dan

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
I tried this on my local dev board and I was taken, as one would expect, to the top of the first page when submitting a post. So, there is something here causing this to malfunction, and we will do our best to get to the bottom of the issue to make certain it works correctly. (Yes)