ISIS - Image Subtraction Method

In summary, the conversation is about someone seeking help with using the ISIS image subtraction program written by Alard. They are having trouble with the second step of the tutorial and are hoping for assistance. Another person mentions having the same problem and suggests checking the values in the default_config file.
beavez
Hi
I'm not sure if anyone here has used ISIS image subtraction program written by Alard, available online at http://www2.iap.fr/users/alard/package.html, but I'm hoping someone has.

I'm currently working on a bit of research that requires PSF matching to work, and this program should easily take care of that. However, I can't find any documentation other than his tutorial on how to use it.

That would be fine, as I have it installed, but it fails during the second step of the tutorial (the ref.csh) on my data.

Specifically, I get "Run error...Singular matrix in routine LUDCMP
Goodbye ! "

Here's hoping someone is able to help, it's driving me a bit insane. Thanks in advance!

Astronomy news on Phys.org
I had this same problem.
It seemed to be fixed when I made sure that, in default_config, pix_min had a lower value than min_stamp_center.

Related to ISIS - Image Subtraction Method

What is the ISIS - Image Subtraction Method?

The ISIS - Image Subtraction Method is a scientific technique used to analyze astronomical images in order to identify changes or variations in the objects being observed.

How does the ISIS - Image Subtraction Method work?

The ISIS - Image Subtraction Method involves taking two images of the same area of the sky at different times and subtracting one from the other. This allows for any changes or variations in the objects being observed to be highlighted.

What is the purpose of using the ISIS - Image Subtraction Method?

The ISIS - Image Subtraction Method is used to detect and study changes in astronomical objects such as stars, galaxies, and supernovae. It allows scientists to study the evolution and behavior of these objects over time.

What are the advantages of using the ISIS - Image Subtraction Method?

The ISIS - Image Subtraction Method is a powerful tool for detecting small changes in astronomical objects that may not be visible in a single image. It also allows for the removal of background noise and imperfections in the images, making it easier to identify significant changes.

Are there any limitations to the ISIS - Image Subtraction Method?

The ISIS - Image Subtraction Method relies on having two high-quality images of the same area of the sky at different times. It may also be affected by variations in weather conditions, atmospheric distortion, and other factors that can impact the quality of the images.