Is Your Brain Older Than You Are?

In summary: I think I'm pretty good at it?The 6 and 9 are the ones that would throw me off, especially when there was more than 6-7 numbers. Other than that I was... not sure how to put this... I think I'm pretty good at it?In summary, your brain is 25 years older than you.
larkspur
Test your brain's age here:
http://flashfabrica.com/f_learning/brain/brain.html"

Apparently, mine is 20...much older than most PF'er brains I am sure.

I used the Google toolbar to translate the instructions:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
larkspur said:
Test your brain's age here:
http://flashfabrica.com/f_learning/brain/brain.html"

Apparently, mine is 20...much older than most PF'er brains I am sure.

I used the Google toolbar to translate the instructions:

24 [first attempt], my brain is 6 years older than me? :biggrin:

How you can translate the flash content?
I am experienced in using google translator but rarely able to decode text in images/flash etc...

I didn't translate the flash just the instructions below the flash display.
The interpretation is kind of funny too...

My brain is 25, apparently. (Is that a good thing??)

It might be independent of age?

i.e. whatever it takes to process that kind of information ...

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fflashfabrica.com%2Ff_learning%2Fbrain%2Fbrain.html&lp=ja_en&btnTrUrl=Translate

Methinks those aren't the right words...

Umm, my first try was 56, lol. Then, I got a 35. I'm pretty sure my brain shouldn't be that old considering, those numbers are way older than I am. Am I just dumb, lol.

Apparently 35...

Sweet my brain should be able to buy liquor and tobacco products! LOLz

Me: "Evening, can you ring these up for me"

Store clerk: "I'm afraid not sir, you appear to be underage, may I see some identification?"

Me: "Sure, here"

Clerk: "What is this?"

Me: "Its my ID saying me brain age is 35, now ring it up."

Oh, and by the way Mentors, I'd have done this by putting it into my last post, but its not working when I click save to edit my posts...

Woot! 23. (first try too!)

Not bad for a man very nearly twice that physically.

33. I'm 20... is this a good thing?

** 35 second try. I'm beginning to this that this is not a good thing :S

I watched it for 30 mins and nothing happened, so how do i score?

Appranetly I am 28. I'm only 15! I'm young, sexy and cool (I'm genuinely lame) so if there are any hot old ladies out there, hook me up (I'm only joking, though I do wish).

35 here. If lower is better, would it have been great to have the score of a 1 year old?

Wolram, you memorize the numbers then click them from lowest to highest once they are hidden...

I missed the very first one on my first try and finished with a 28. On the second try I got a 20 (8 right, 2 wrong).

28, I missed 2 of them.

25 but I don't know what it means.

How do you translate the instructions into English? (I did eventually figure out that you were supposed to click from lowest to highest just from the illustration, but that's about all I understood.)

BobG said:
25 but I don't know what it means.

How do you translate the instructions into English? (I did eventually figure out that you were supposed to click from lowest to highest just from the illustration, but that's about all I understood.)
Actually, I'm really pleased with myself that, not only did I not read any instructions to do the test, but I figured it out while the first slide was displaying, and didn't blow the first test. That's got to be worth about 13 points!

That makes me about 10 years old (which is about right). Nyaaah!

I got 120 on my first try but after I figured out the game, I got 28.

I got 34 after missing the first one. I had no idea what I was doing.

I missed the first one too and ended up with a 38. I'm 58.

wildman said:
I got 120 on my first try but after I figured out the game, I got 28.
I think this means you're dead. Brain dead.

I got 36, and well, I am. Go figure. I missed the ones where there were too many numbers scattered across too much of the screen for me to get a good look at them all before they disappeared. I could remember the ones I saw, but didn't get to see them all. :frown: I guess that's a sign of getting old?

I think

Brain age proportional to 1/physical age

I got a 22 and missed 2

On the second try I missed 0 and got a 20 with the aid of the print-screen button

I got 20. It looks like 6 numbers on screen is the maximum I can retain perfectly.

Moonbear said:
I got 36, and well, I am. Go figure. I missed the ones where there were too many numbers scattered across too much of the screen for me to get a good look at them all before they disappeared. I could remember the ones I saw, but didn't get to see them all. :frown: I guess that's a sign of getting old?

The 6 and 9 are the ones that would throw me off, especially when there was more than 6-7 numbers. Other than that I was ok.

Yay..25

Related to Is Your Brain Older Than You Are?

1. What does it mean for the brain to "act its age"?

The phrase "acting its age" refers to the cognitive abilities and behaviors that are typically expected at a certain point in a person's life. In terms of the brain, it means that its functions and abilities are in line with what is expected for someone of a specific age group.

2. Can the brain actually age or is it just a myth?

Yes, the brain does age. As we get older, our brain undergoes physical and functional changes, such as shrinking in size and a decrease in neurotransmitters, which can affect our cognitive abilities and behaviors. However, the rate and extent of these changes can vary from person to person.

3. Is there a way to slow down the aging process of the brain?

While there is no guaranteed way to prevent the brain from aging, there are certain lifestyle habits that can help promote brain health and potentially slow down the aging process. These include staying physically active, eating a healthy diet, getting enough sleep, and engaging in mentally stimulating activities.

4. Can the brain's age be determined through a test?

There is no definitive test that can determine the exact age of a person's brain. However, there are certain cognitive tests that can give an indication of a person's cognitive abilities and compare them to the average performance of individuals in a specific age group.

5. Does the brain always decline as we age?

No, the brain does not always decline as we age. While there are certain changes that occur in the brain as we get older, research has shown that cognitive abilities and brain function can be maintained and even improved through healthy lifestyle habits, mental stimulation, and social engagement.