Is there a way to prevent T1 stress tests from keying all radios at once?

In summary, the person is seeking a circuit or device that can filter out properly framed T1 signals with all highs, as this causes all radios in the facility to be keyed at once. They suggest checking the T1 mux documentation for a setting that handles this type of signal.
gtacs
I work in the electronics industry on radio communications specifically. The radios I maintain are not usually located at the facility in which they are used. Meaning the tramsmitters and receivers are located several miles from their respective operators, and the audio signals as well as the push-to-talk signalling are transmitted back and forth (from the operators to the tramsmitter/receiver facility) via a T1 line. A busy signal, or "high" on the T1 line is what we use to key the transmitters.
The problem i am experiencing is when we have a T1 problem, or the local telephone company needs to do checks on the line, they run what is known as a "Stress Test" which is a properly "framed" T1 signal with all "highs". This is meant to stess the line to its max potential and the phone technicians use this data to evaluate the line.
As you can see the problem is when they run this test, it will key all the radios in the facility. This is mainly an issue when the testing is done without the radio technician's knowledge, or someone is unaware that this will happen.
I am in need of a circuit or device that will accept a T1 input (from a RJ-45 connector) and pass all valid inputs EXCEPT the properly framed T1 with all "highs", there is never a scenario in which we would want all the radios keyed at once.

Thanks in advance for your help

Engineering news on Phys.org
What is radio keying?

So you need a filter that takes an RJ-45 copper input and outputs the same? That filter needs to filter out only properly framed T1 with all highs?

Can you provide some more information about this T1 "high" signal?

I would think the solution to your problem would be at your T1 mux that interfaces to your radio transmitter. I believe that where I work we have a simular set up and key in the same way. When we get an all ones condition though, the mux goes into an alarm, but does not assert an "E" keying lead. Maybe you should look at your mux documentation as there might be a setting for how it handles an "all ones" condition.

Related to Is there a way to prevent T1 stress tests from keying all radios at once?

1. What is a T1 circuit?

A T1 circuit is a type of digital telecommunications line that can transmit data at a rate of 1.544 megabits per second. It is typically used for voice and data communication in business settings.

2. How does a T1 circuit work?

A T1 circuit uses a digital signal to transmit data over a copper or fiber optic cable. It divides the data into 24 channels, each with a capacity of 64 kilobits per second. This allows for simultaneous transmission of multiple types of data, such as voice, video, and internet.

3. What is a T1 device?

A T1 device is any piece of equipment that is used in conjunction with a T1 circuit to send or receive data. This can include routers, switches, modems, and other networking devices.

4. How do I troubleshoot issues with a T1 circuit?

If you are experiencing issues with your T1 circuit, the first step is to check all physical connections and make sure they are secure. You can also try power cycling the circuit or device. If the problem persists, contact your service provider for assistance.

5. Can a T1 circuit be upgraded?

Yes, a T1 circuit can be upgraded to a T3 circuit, which has a higher data transmission rate of 44.736 megabits per second. However, this may require new equipment and higher costs. Alternatively, multiple T1 circuits can be bonded together for increased bandwidth.