Is there a resource which is good questions on quadratic

In summary, there are many resources available for learning about quadratic residues, including websites and handouts from universities. These resources cover topics such as quadratic reciprocity, cubic reciprocity, and sphere packing. Additionally, quadratic residues have applications in cryptography.
matqkks
I am looking for some interesting questions on quadratic residues. Anyone know of any resources for an elementary number theory course. I am not looking for drill problems to practice but some important results.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Starting with quadratic residue, I arrived at close-packing of spheres within 3 clicks on Wikipedia:
quadratic residue - quadratic reciprocity - cubic reciprocity - sphere packing.
Another example as for many number theoretic results is cryptography: quadratic-rest-problem.
I'm sure there are a lot more results which are probably more sophisticated, too.

Related to Is there a resource which is good questions on quadratic

1. Is there a resource that explains the basics of quadratic equations?

Yes, there are many resources available that explain the basics of quadratic equations. Some popular options include Khan Academy, MathIsFun, and Purplemath.

2. What are some common techniques for solving quadratic equations?

The most common techniques for solving quadratic equations include factoring, using the quadratic formula, completing the square, and graphing. Each technique may be more suitable for different types of equations or personal preferences.

3. Are there any real-world applications of quadratic equations?

Yes, quadratic equations have many real-world applications in fields such as physics, engineering, and economics. They can be used to model motion, design structures, and optimize profits, among other things.

4. How can I check if my solution to a quadratic equation is correct?

You can check your solution by plugging in the values for the variables into the original equation and seeing if it satisfies the equation. You can also graph the equation and see if the solution corresponds to the points where the graph intersects the x-axis.

5. Can quadratic equations have more than one solution?

Yes, quadratic equations can have two solutions, one solution, or no solutions. This is determined by the discriminant, which is the part of the quadratic formula under the square root sign. If the discriminant is positive, there are two real solutions. If it is zero, there is one real solution. If it is negative, there are no real solutions.