Is There a Cryptologist in the House?

• Thread starter Arctic Fox
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a message for aliens and someone needing help with decrypting it. The message contains an image that the speaker found on their glasses and is seeking assistance in identifying it.
Physics news on Phys.org
Yeah, it's a message for aliens.

Ah, how much help do you want with it?

Here's the rest of it:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/stephane_dumas/CETI/evpatoria_2003.jpg

The top "paragraph" is the decryption key.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Thanks.

Oh hey, i haven't been here before, and i just found this place, or to be specific, this thread with 'cryptologist forum' searchwords.

I have this image, etched in the right upper corner of the right lens of my glasses. It looks very familiar, but i just can't get my head around as to what the heck it could be.

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/4694/weirdiconfj4.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Is There a Cryptologist in the House?

1. What is a cryptologist?

A cryptologist is a person who studies and analyzes codes and ciphers, and works to break them in order to understand their hidden messages.

2. What does the phrase "Is There a Cryptologist in the House?" mean?

This phrase is often used in a joking or playful manner to ask if there is someone present who has knowledge or expertise in code-breaking or cryptography.

3. What skills are needed to become a cryptologist?

Some essential skills for a cryptologist include a strong understanding of mathematics, logical reasoning, problem-solving abilities, and knowledge of computer science and programming languages.

4. What career options are available for cryptologists?

Cryptologists can work in a variety of fields such as government agencies, military, intelligence, financial institutions, and cybersecurity companies. They can also pursue research positions in academia.

5. Is there a demand for cryptologists in the job market?

Yes, there is a growing demand for cryptologists in various industries due to the increasing use of technology and the need for secure communication and data protection. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts a 31% job growth for information security analysts, which includes cryptologists, from 2019 to 2029.