Is the Race for Bigger, Stronger, and Faster Rockets Just Beginning?

• Thread starter flatmaster
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Rockets
In summary, the conversation revolves around the idea of creating a vagina-shaped rocket and the potential for winning science prizes. The conversation also touches on the meaning of certain objects and their resemblance to phallic symbols. There is some joking and speculation, but ultimately it is concluded that the conversation has come full circle.
flatmaster
Just sayin...

The next one must be bigger, stronger, faster.

Physics news on Phys.org
You are free to develop a vagina-shaped rocket if you want to.

I can definitely guarantee that you get all the science prizes in the world if you manage such a feat.

Anyhow, stupid thread.

Gives whole new meaning to the term re-entry.

Ditto to arildno's last sentence.

flatmaster said:
The next one must be bigger, stronger, faster.

I don't see what this has do with with phalluses, unless this is something your girlfriend said.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. -Bill Clinton (attributed) :smile:

Last edited:
jimmysnyder said:
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. -Bill Clinton (attributed)

I assume you're joking

maverick_starstrider said:
I assume you're joking

jimmysnyder, joking...? :eek:!

jimmysnyder said:
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. -Bill Clinton (attributed)
It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. -Bill Clinton

maverick_starstrider said:
I assume you're joking
Sorry, I fixed it for you.

Huh. I never thought about it, but I guess rockets are phallic. Go figure.

Coincidence, probably. I doubt that the guy who invented rockets was sitting around and said "let's make it look like a penis". Of course, you never know...

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe we should be asking why penises are so aerodynamic.

I think this was done before it started.

Related to Is the Race for Bigger, Stronger, and Faster Rockets Just Beginning?

1. What does it mean when people say "rockets are phallic"?

When people say "rockets are phallic", they are making a comparison between rockets and the shape of male genitals. This comparison is often used to point out the similarity in shape between rockets and male genitalia.

2. Why are rockets often referred to as phallic symbols?

Rockets are often referred to as phallic symbols because of their long, cylindrical shape that resembles the male reproductive organ. This comparison has been made for many years and is often used to highlight the masculine and powerful nature of rockets.

3. Is there any scientific basis for the comparison between rockets and male genitals?

No, there is no scientific basis for the comparison between rockets and male genitals. This comparison is purely symbolic and is not based on any scientific evidence.

4. Does the phallic symbolism of rockets have any impact on their design or function?

No, the phallic symbolism of rockets does not have any impact on their design or function. The shape of rockets is determined by their aerodynamics and the need to withstand high levels of thrust and pressure during launch.

5. Is the use of the term "phallic" in reference to rockets considered inappropriate or offensive?

This depends on the context and the audience. While some may find it humorous or simply a descriptive comparison, others may find it inappropriate or offensive. It is important to consider the audience and the purpose of using this comparison before using it in a conversation or presentation.