Is the Internet a Safe Space for New Users?

Click on the Private Messages.In summary, Flowermyface is new to the site and is learning about the world of the internet after being sheltered by her father. She is welcomed by the community and encouraged to explore and learn at her own pace. There is also a mention of a possible fish-slapping dance and a link provided for entertainment.
Flowermyface
this place is neat i have some friends on this site and they said nobody will pick on me here I am quiet and listen. i joined elsewhere and they told me i was a newbie and posted in the wrong area sorry guys i am learning. be nice to me and I am sure i can help you somehow thank you

im slowing understanding i never had internet my whole life because my dad was against computers now that I am out of the house HAH he can't stop me now

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the world wide web... {and all its failures.. lol}

.. but most of all, welcome to PF !

Welcome FlowermyFace!

Welcome to PF. Although you did post in the wrong area, that has been corrected and you've been moved to the right area for an intro post. :wink:

Take your time, peruse what is available here and jump in when you're ready. You'll catch on in no time.

Now, the only thing you need to consider carefully is what kind of fish you like best. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Now, the only thing you need to consider carefully is what kind of fish you like best. :biggrin:

:biggrin: Yes! Bring a goldfish! :biggrin:

tiny-tim said:
:biggrin: Yes! Bring a goldfish! :biggrin:

:smile: I love your avatar, tiny-tim! :biggrin:

Welcome Flowermyface!

Does this mean people have to get whacked with tiny-tim now?

Welcome to PF, Flowermyface.
You're correct that no one here will pick on you. Some of us might occassionally poke a bit of fun at you in GD, but it's meant only as a form of social interaction. If anything ever offends you, just PM the person involved and explain that you're not comfortable with it. For instance, you're about to get 'fish-whapped' big-time. Just grit your teeth and take it like a man, or woman, or whatever else you might be. :biggrin:

edit: Kurdt... owww... Methinks he'll be changing that avatar poste-haste.

Kurdt said:
Welcome Flowermyface!

Does this mean people have to get whacked with tiny-tim now?

:smile: If tiny-tim has a fondness for whacking people, I think we have a position for him at the Genco Olive Oil company. :wink:

Moonbear said:
we have a position for him at the Genco Olive Oil company. :wink:

Now you know, of course, that you're going to have to put up a link to that thread. Just when we thought that it was safe to go back into GD... :rolleyes:

Welcome Flowermyface, make yourself comfortable, and always keep in mind, everyone here was new at one time.
You had to read the rules when you signed up, if something is unclear, I am sure one of the Mentors will help you out. They are a great bunch of people. And no matter what kind of fish you like, just a word of advise, make sure you say fresh, not frozen.

Welcome!

… fishy welcome …

Welcome Flowermyface! :smile:

Now you have to learn the fish-slapping dance:

Moonbear said:
:smile: I love your avatar, tiny-tim! :biggrin:

Hi Moonbear! :smile:
:smile: Being a goldfish is fun ! :smile:

(I got mine from http://www.cerocscotland.com

they have loads of wonderful avatars … smurfs … pop-up toasters … gorillas …

just look at any thread at random … ! :smile: )

Moonbear said:
:smile: If tiny-tim has a fondness for whacking people, I think we have a position for him at the Genco Olive Oil company. :wink:

hmm … https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=67772

Trouble is, I might whack the wrong person …
:smile: … you know what my memory is like … ! :smile:

:smile: Preserve the bowliverse!

The amish are highly under represented here.

I sent you a private message, Flowermyface. At the top right of the page if you are logged in it says Welcome and "Private Messages."

Related to Is the Internet a Safe Space for New Users?

1. What is the meaning of "Beginning month on the internet"?

The term "Beginning month on the internet" refers to the first month of the internet's existence, which was January 1983. This was the month when the first successful connection was made between two computer networks, marking the birth of the modern internet as we know it.

2. How has the internet evolved since its beginning month?

Since its beginning month, the internet has undergone significant evolution and growth. It has expanded from a network of only a few hundred computers to millions of interconnected devices worldwide. It has also seen the development of new technologies, such as the World Wide Web, social media, and e-commerce, that have transformed how we communicate, learn, and do business.

3. What were the key milestones in the beginning month of the internet?

The key milestones in the beginning month of the internet include the creation of the first TCP/IP protocol, the establishment of the Domain Name System (DNS), and the development of the first search engine. These advancements laid the foundation for the internet as we know it today and paved the way for future innovations.

4. What impact did the beginning month of the internet have on society?

The beginning month of the internet had a profound impact on society. It revolutionized communication and made it possible for people to connect and share information instantly, regardless of their location. It has also transformed industries, such as education, entertainment, and business, making information and services more accessible to people worldwide.

5. How has the internet's beginning month shaped its future?

The beginning month of the internet set the stage for its future development. It demonstrated the potential of computer networks to connect people and information, paving the way for further advancements and innovations. The principles and protocols established in the beginning month continue to shape and guide the evolution of the internet today.