Is Sir Richard Branson About to Take Over the Universe?

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Aliens
In summary, Sir Richard Branson of Virgin Galactic will be signing an agreement this week to lease the first private space port in Roswell, New Mexico where a UFO is alleged to have crashed in the 1940s. This move is part of the company's plan to start commercial space flights by 2008. While some find the $200,000 price tag for a two-and-a-half-hour flight a bit steep, others point out that Russians offer a similar experience for only 20,000 roubles. However, the Russian trip includes a stay at the International Space Station for several days.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Sir Richard Branson will sign an agreement this week to lease the world's first private space port near Roswell, New Mexico, where a UFO is alleged to have crashed in the 1940s.

The move is part of Virgin Galactic's plans to start commercial space flights by 2008. [continued]
http://news.independent.co.uk/business/news/article332266.ece

Funny...

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Meh.. They will make profit on this, just not that great..

"the two-and-a-half-hour, $200,000 flight."

zoobyshoe said:
"the two-and-a-half-hour, $200,000 flight."

Russians do it for 20 grand :biggrin:

and a few days I think

I saw 'virgin' and thought something else...

I always thought that Victoria Principle was a bit spacey.

cronxeh said:
Russians do it for 20 grand :biggrin:
and a few days I think

Multiply that by 1000 and you're there. They charge 20 million.

moose said:
Multiply that by 1000 and you're there. They charge 20 million.

Ohh yeah now that you mention it.. :rolleyes:

Hmm it, uh, musta been.. confused.. with.. roubles.. at one point..

hey don't look at me I'm just as confused! :devil:

cronxeh said:
Ohh yeah now that you mention it.. :rolleyes:
Hmm it, uh, musta been.. confused.. with.. roubles.. at one point..
hey don't look at me I'm just as confused! :devil:
ha! I wish I could get into space for 20,000 roubles:smile:

Then again the Russian trip does include a brief stay at the ISS which lasts for days instead of a couple of minutes...

Related to Is Sir Richard Branson About to Take Over the Universe?

1. What is the concept of "Virgin to Upstage Aliens"?

"Virgin to Upstage Aliens" refers to the idea that a human virgin could potentially surpass or outperform advanced alien beings in some aspect, whether it be intelligence, physical abilities, or other skills.

2. How did this concept come about?

The concept of "Virgin to Upstage Aliens" has been explored in science fiction and popular culture for decades. It is often used as a plot device to showcase the potential of humanity and our ability to overcome seemingly insurmountable obstacles.

3. Is there any scientific basis for this concept?

Currently, there is no scientific evidence to support the idea that a human virgin could outperform aliens. However, it is important to remember that our understanding of the universe is constantly evolving, and it is not impossible for humans to develop advanced skills or technologies that could surpass those of aliens.

4. What are some examples of this concept in media?

The concept of "Virgin to Upstage Aliens" has been explored in various forms of media, including movies, books, and television shows. One notable example is the 1984 film "The Last Starfighter", where a teenager from Earth is recruited to fight in an intergalactic war and ultimately saves the universe. Another example is the book "Ender's Game" by Orson Scott Card, where a young boy is chosen to lead the human race in a battle against an alien species.

5. Do scientists believe that humans could actually upstage aliens?

As mentioned before, there is currently no scientific evidence to support the concept of a human virgin outperforming aliens. However, many scientists believe that humanity has the potential for great advancements and that it is not impossible for us to surpass aliens in some aspects. Ultimately, the answer to this question is open to speculation and further scientific exploration.