Is Phoenix's water safe to drink right now?

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
In summary: I'll just turn it off then. If you boil the water, you'll probably set the kitchen on fire and burn yourself up. If you use the contaminated water, the crypto critters in it will probably kill you. :yuck: Sorry, trib. it doesn't look good for you. :frown: The good news is that whoever took that long-shot bet that the monkey wouldn't bite you is going to be very wealthy soon. :biggrin:Not one to mess around with. Risk the kitchen fire and boil the water! Or go get bottled water (including for brushing your teeth and washing...crypto can survive on
tribdog
They just came on TV and said I need to boil my water. So does most all of Phoenix. Last night one of the water treatment plants released a bunch of contaminated water into the system. Now they think it might be contaminated with Cryptospyridium. Know anything about it?
I'm just going to sit here dirty, stinky and thirsty until I learn more.
Or maybe I'll strip, jump in the shower and dare any crypto. to infect me.

Physics news on Phys.org
hmm.. sorry to sound so negative but I guess either way you're a dead man.

If you boil the water, you'll probably set the kitchen on fire and burn yourself up.
If you use the contaminated water, the crypto critters in it will probably kill you.
Sorry, trib. it doesn't look good for you. :frown:

The good news is that whoever took that long-shot bet that the monkey wouldn't bite you is going to be very wealthy soon. :biggrin:

That bug will give you diarrhea and nauseate you, so I'd opt for bottled water :wink:

Math Is Hard said:
hmm.. sorry to sound so negative but I guess either way you're a dead man.

If you boil the water, you'll probably set the kitchen on fire and burn yourself up.
If you use the contaminated water, the crypto critters in it will probably kill you.
Sorry, trib. it doesn't look good for you. :frown:

The good news is that whoever took that long-shot bet that the monkey wouldn't bite you is going to be very wealthy soon. :biggrin:

:frown: Looks like trib's days are numbered.

Hey guys, in a few days I'm likely to be available again, anyone interested? :-p (Hey, who rearranged the smilies? They're in a new order today!)

The monkey bets don't count yet. I haven't been back to see it.
Bottled water? I don't want to go to the store. (in case you can't tell I'm whining) I worked all day and I don't feel like it. What's a little diarrhea? Damn. I'm out of toilet paper too.

I remember a few years ago receiving a notice from the water company telling me it was now safe to drink the water again. I never received the notice saying it was contaminated.

tribdog said:
The monkey bets don't count yet. I haven't been back to see it.
Bottled water? I don't want to go to the store. (in case you can't tell I'm whining) I worked all day and I don't feel like it. What's a little diarrhea? Damn. I'm out of toilet paper too.

You better stock up on both. Knowing you, you'll forget sometime in the middle of the night and get up and get a glass of water before remembering the boil advisory.

This must mean your leg is feeling better if you're ready to embark on a new reason to visit the doctor. Surely the ER staff is missing you already. :smile:

am I getting more thirsty than usual simply because I want what I can't have?
and yes leg feels great. looks pretty good too. You should have seen it. I had a hole in my leg big enough to hold four nickels, the fifth one kept falling out.

tribdog said:

hmm...I guess you don't have Pink Dot in AZ.

tribdog said:
am I getting more thirsty than usual simply because I want what I can't have?
and yes leg feels great. looks pretty good too. You should have seen it. I had a hole in my leg big enough to hold four nickels, the fifth one kept falling out.

Ahem, as I was saying, guys, it shouldn't be long at all before I'm available again. No point in waiting until the last minute to start finding a replacement. There is the required mourning period, but I think by wearing black now, I can get some of that out of the way ahead of time. :biggrin:

they just came back on the TV and said it's okay for me to drink the water, I'm far enough East to not have to worry about contamination.
*turns on faucet and tests with finger, too warm*
they want me conserve water now.
*testing...still warm*
So I'm conserving now, I'm not going to waste any. I'm just going to take a bath and go to bed.
*water's cold, filling glass*
Here in Arizona it is always good to conserve a precious resource like water.
*taking a sip, pouring rest down the sink*

tribdog said:
they just came back on the TV and said it's okay for me to drink the water, I'm far enough East to not have to worry about contamination.

False alarm! Guys, head out the backdoor, shhhh, on tiptoes! And cover your tracks in the snow. Oh, but don't go too far. He's bound to visit that monkey again soon.

:biggrin: Um, hi trib, uh, good to know your water supply is safe. o:)

I don't trust them though. That's why I'm filling up 20 55 gallon drums with water, just in case. I know what conserve means.

tribdog said:
I don't trust them though. That's why I'm filling up 20 55 gallon drums with water, just in case. I know what conserve means.
you might want to fill up 40, just in case.

good thinking. I'll conserve this damn water until there's not a drop left in Arizona

We had just had a water main break in Westwood last night so the water supply here is feared to be contaminated.
Everyone is very irritable this morning (me included) because the coffee places are closed!

Coffee tastes better when brewed with bottled water anyway. But clearly not having coffee is far worse than not being able to shower or brush your teeth. :biggrin:

Related to Is Phoenix's water safe to drink right now?

1. Should I live dangerously?

It ultimately depends on your personal values and beliefs. Living dangerously can bring excitement and thrill to your life, but it also comes with risks and potential consequences.

2. What are the benefits of living dangerously?

Living dangerously can provide a sense of adrenaline and excitement, help you push your limits, and make you feel more alive. It can also lead to personal growth and new experiences.

3. What are the risks of living dangerously?

The risks of living dangerously can include physical harm, legal consequences, and negatively impacting your relationships and future opportunities. It's important to weigh these risks before making a decision.

4. How can I determine if living dangerously is right for me?

Consider your values, goals, and priorities. Think about the potential consequences and whether you are willing to accept them. You may also want to discuss with trusted friends or family for their perspectives.

5. Are there any safe ways to live dangerously?

Yes, there are ways to experience thrill and excitement without putting yourself in harm's way. This can include trying new activities or hobbies, traveling to new places, or stepping out of your comfort zone in a controlled environment.