Is Neil Young just a grumpy old musician?

• Music
  • Thread starter member 656954
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Young
In summary, Neil Young, a famous musician, recently gave a fiery interview where he expressed his disdain for technology's impact on sound quality in the music industry. He criticized Apple, MP3, and digital technology in general, claiming that it has diluted the depth and authenticity of music. Some may dismiss him as a grumpy old man, but his concerns hold validity as data compression has affected the quality of photos and movies as well. Young argues that formats like WAV, FLAC, and APE are better for those who value high-quality music. However, it is unclear how his views align with lossless digital recording setups. He also compared the loss of audio detail to the difference between 720p and 4k resolution, but even he
Canadian singer Neil Young’s house is in Redwood City, CA. He calls his property at the end of Bear Gulch Road “Broken Arrow Ranch.”

Active as a musician and writer since the 1960s, Neil Young’s net worth is $65 million.

Neil Young has been a member of two bands – he joined Crosby, Stills and Nash in 1969, making it Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young, and founded Buffalo Springfield in 1966, with Stephen Stills and Richie Furay. He has also had an extensive solo career, which started in 1968.

With more than 35 studio albums, Neil Young was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice – as a member of Buffalo Springfield and as a solo performer.

Throughout his career, Neil Young experimented with many different musical styles and plays many instruments, including piano, harmonica, and acoustic guitar. He is best known for this work in folk-rock and country rock.
He influence is often noted in alternative rock and grunge, earning him the nickname “Godfather of Grunge.”

In addition to his work in music, he has directed or co-directed films under the pseudonym Bernard Shakey. His films include “Journey Through the Past,” “Rust Never Sleeps,” “Human Highway,” “Greendale,” and “CSNY/Déjà Vu.”

Neil Young had three children. His oldest son Zeke is with actress Carrie Snodgress, with whom he had a long-term relationship in the 1970s. Neil Young married his ex-wife Pegi in 1978. They had two children – daughter Amber and son Ben, who has cerebral palsy. They divorced after 36 years of marriage in 2014.

He is advocate for children with severe verbal and physical disabilities and founded the Bridge School with his ex-wife Pegi to serve children with disabilities. Neil Young helps support the school through annual benefit concerts. He is also an avid environmentalist, supporting causes from electronic cars to co-founding the benefit concert Farm Aid.

https://virtualglobetrotting.com/map/neil-youngs-house/view/google/

Of course I love Neil Young! I don't live that far away form him and his wife.

Likes dlgoff, berkeman, Klystron and 1 other person
Science news on Phys.org
Mary Conrads Sanburn said:
Neil Young Drops Vintage Crazy Horse Concert

Previously unseen 1991 gig shot at Buffalo, New York’s War Memorial captures Young at the height of his “Godfather of Grunge” period
I saw this show, it was the best Neil Young show I've ever seen, and I've seen him in conccert more than any other artist.

Likes Mary Conrads Sanburn, BillTre, Klystron and 1 other person
At Home With Farm Aid LIVE - Willie Nelson, Dave Matthews, Neil Young and John Melllencamp
22 waiting
•Scheduled for Apr 11, 2020

70SHARESAVE

AXS TV

155K subscribersSUBSCRIBE
We're going LIVE with Willie Nelson, Dave Matthews Band, John Mellencamp, and Neil Young from their homes! Find AXS TV on your TV http://www.axs.tv Subscribe to AXS TV on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/axstv

Category
Music

Yippie yi yo kayah ! Tomorrow is the day it will happen because it will be the 11th of April. Hold on to
your horses ~~

Back