Is it possible to extend the deadline for a poll?

• Thread starter Aufbauwerk 2045
  • Start date
In summary, the person running a music poll wants to extend it but is unsure if they can. They ask if only the voting will be closed or the entire thread and mention that there are good comments that deserve a longer life span. They are willing to remove the end date and set a new one if needed. It is clarified that only the voting will be closed if no changes are made. The person running the poll then asks for the end date to be removed to allow for ongoing discussion.
Aufbauwerk 2045
Since my music poll is attracting votes and comments, I would like to extend it a bit. But I don't see any way to do this.

Is it just the voting that will be closed, or the entire thread? I think people are making very good comments in the thread and I think it deserves a longer life span.

Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
I can remove the end date if you want. I can probably set a new one as well.
Aufbauwerk 2045 said:
Is it just the voting that will be closed, or the entire thread?
Just the voting, and only if we don't change it.

Thread link

mfb said:
I can remove the end date if you want. I can probably set a new one as well.
Just the voting, and only if we don't change it.

If it's OK then please remove the end date. We can have endless democracy on this issue.

:)

Done.

Likes dlgoff

Related to Is it possible to extend the deadline for a poll?

1. Can the deadline for a poll be extended?

Yes, it is possible to extend the deadline for a poll. This can be done by adjusting the settings or manually changing the end date.

2. How long can the deadline be extended?

The length of the extension will depend on various factors, such as the type of poll and the platform it is hosted on. It is best to consult with the poll administrator for an accurate answer.

3. Will extending the deadline affect the results?

Extending the deadline may affect the results, as it allows for more time for individuals to participate and potentially change the outcome. However, this will depend on the specific circumstances and cannot be predicted with certainty.

4. Are there any limitations to extending the deadline?

There may be limitations to extending the deadline, such as technical constraints or the platform's terms and conditions. It is important to check for any restrictions before attempting to extend the deadline.

5. Can the deadline be extended multiple times?

In most cases, the deadline can be extended multiple times. However, it is important to consider the potential impact on the results and whether it is necessary to extend it more than once.