Is it possible to embed images into a post from my computer?

• Thread starter gfd43tg
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of embedding images into a post from a PC. The user is aware that images can be embedded from a URL, but would like the option to embed images stored on their computer. The possibility of this feature being added in future updates is also mentioned. The use of the "Upload a File" button is suggested as an alternative option for including images. It is noted that attachments are allowed as long as they do not replace the written problem in the post.
gfd43tg
Gold Member
Hello,

Is there a way to embed images into a post that are uploaded from my PC? I know you can embed images if you give the URL, but I would like to be able to embed images that are stored on the computer. If this is not possible, I would make a suggestion that if technically possible, then to make it possible in future updates to the sites.

Since the rules forbid posting images as attachments for the homework question statement, at least I could embed the image into the post itself

Physics news on Phys.org
Use the Upload a File button on the bottom. Once it's uploaded, you will see it below the post that you're working on. Click the Full Image button and it will display in your post like this:
borgAvatar.jpg

Note that if you click the Preview button, you won't see it. It will show up in your post correctly though.

Okay got it, thanks

Maylis said:
Is there a way to embed images into a post that are uploaded from my PC? I know you can embed images if you give the URL, but I would like to be able to embed images that are stored on the computer. If this is not possible, I would make a suggestion that if technically possible, then to make it possible in future updates to the sites.
We cannot access your computer, if you want to show a picture you have to upload it. The attachments here are the most convenient option.
Since the rules forbid posting images as attachments for the homework question statement, at least I could embed the image into the post itself
That does not make a difference.
The rules do not forbid to post an attachment - but the attachment should not replace the written problem in the post, it can only help for sketches and so on.

Related to Is it possible to embed images into a post from my computer?

What does it mean to "embed image into post"?

Embedding an image into a post means to insert an image file into a digital platform, such as a blog post, social media post, or website page, so that it appears within the content of the post.

Why is it important to embed images into posts?

Embedding images into posts can make the content more visually appealing and engaging for readers. It can also serve as a way to supplement or enhance the written information in the post.

What is the difference between embedding an image and linking to an image?

Embedding an image means to insert the actual image file into the post, while linking to an image means to include a URL or web address that leads to the image. Embedding an image is typically preferred, as it ensures the image will always be visible, even if the original source is removed or the post is shared on a different platform.

What are the steps to embed an image into a blog post?

The specific steps may vary depending on the blogging platform, but generally, you would click on the "insert image" button, choose the image file from your computer, and then adjust the image size and placement as desired. Some platforms also allow you to add a caption or alt text for the image.

Are there any copyright considerations when embedding images into posts?

Yes, it is important to ensure that you have the right to use the image before embedding it into your post. This could mean obtaining permission from the image owner or using images that are designated as "free for commercial use" or "creative commons". It is also a good practice to credit the source of the image in your post.