Interface for attachments & images

• Thread starter Stephen Tashi
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the process of attaching files and images to a post in Firefox 38.0.5. The icons in the post editor are not helpful for this task and there is no clear standard symbol for attachments. The icons that may seem like they could work, such as a mountain or a camera, do not perform the intended function. Instead, the "upload" button below the text box can be used to upload the desired file and choose its placement in the post.
Stephen Tashi
Science Advisor
Must I update my trusty Firefox 38.0.5 in order to attach files and images to a post?

The icons over the post editor are not helpful for this task. Is there a "standard" paperclip symbol somewhere that is the interface for attachments?

I can't get any of the icons that look like they might function as "attach image" to do that. There is icon of a mountain, a icon of a piece of film, and icon of a "+", and an icon of a camera. As far as I can tell, none of them perform the simple function of attaching a image or other file that's on my computer.

Physics news on Phys.org
Click the "upload" button below the text box, where the "post reply" button is. Once it's uploaded you can choose how and where you want it to appear in your post.

Related to Interface for attachments & images

1. What is an interface for attachments and images?

An interface for attachments and images is a tool that allows users to upload and manage files, such as images, documents, and videos, within a software or website. It provides a user-friendly way to organize and access these files.

2. How does an interface for attachments and images work?

An interface for attachments and images typically works by providing a user interface where users can upload, view, and manage their files. The interface may also include features such as file organization, search functions, and editing tools.

3. What are the benefits of using an interface for attachments and images?

Using an interface for attachments and images can have several benefits, including improved organization and accessibility of files, easier collaboration on shared files, and the ability to quickly find and use specific files.

4. Can an interface for attachments and images be customized?

Yes, an interface for attachments and images can often be customized to fit the specific needs and preferences of the user. This can include options for file sorting, folder organization, and visual customization.

5. Is an interface for attachments and images secure?

The security of an interface for attachments and images will vary depending on the specific tool or software being used. However, many interfaces offer features such as password protection and file encryption to ensure the safety of uploaded files.