Is it allowed to use graphing calculator in IPHO

In summary, the conversation is about the use of a graphing calculator in the International Physics Olympiad. The person asking the question is unsure if it is allowed and is seeking clarification on the rules. Another person suggests searching for the rules online, which the first person has already done but did not find the information. It is mentioned that in 2014, only a specific calculator was allowed and provided by the organizing committee, but it is unclear if this rule still applies in 2016. The conversation ends with someone finding the answer through a quick Google search and questioning the need for spoonfeeding in finding information.
rashida564
hi everyone i hope you are fine .
is it allow to use graphing calculator in ipho physics olympiad

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't know: could you link us to the rules?

i don't have the rules

sorry

I have no direct experience with IPHO. All I know is what I found with a bit of Google-searching for terms like "ipho calculator."

According to http://ipho2014.kz/files/blogs/1399786347448.pdf, the only calculator allowed in 2014 was the Hewlett-Packard 10S+, and it was provided to all participants by the organizing committee. I have not managed to find similar information for 2016.

please anybody help me i need this information to much because I'm going to compete in it

Come on dude, I found the answer after 3 seconds by googling "IPHO rules". Do you really need others to spoondfeed you?

is a graphing calculator a non-programmable pocket calculators

Related to Is it allowed to use graphing calculator in IPHO

1. Is a graphing calculator allowed in the International Physics Olympiad (IPHO)?

Yes, a graphing calculator is allowed in the IPHO. However, it must meet certain requirements set by the organizers. It should not have any communication capabilities, must not be programmable, and must not have any stored formulas or equations.

2. Can I use a calculator with a touch screen in IPHO?

No, touch screen calculators are not allowed in the IPHO. This is to prevent any potential cheating or unfair advantage during the competition. Only non-touch screen calculators are allowed.

3. Are there any specific brands or models of calculators that are allowed in IPHO?

No, there are no specific brands or models of calculators that are designated for use in IPHO. However, it is recommended to use a familiar calculator that you are comfortable with and can efficiently use during the competition.

4. Can I use a calculator with a computer algebra system (CAS) in IPHO?

No, calculators with a CAS are not allowed in the IPHO. This is to ensure a level playing field for all participants and to assess their problem-solving skills without the aid of advanced computational tools.

5. Do I need to bring my own calculator to the IPHO or will one be provided?

You are required to bring your own calculator to the IPHO. Organizers will not provide calculators for participants. It is important to ensure that your calculator meets the requirements and is in good working condition before the competition.