Is a Cheap, Eco-Friendly, and Tax-Free Steam Car Possible?

In summary, the conversation is about building a super light steam car that runs on cheap fuel and has no tax. The car has a maximum speed of 40/50 mph and a range of 60 miles. The engine is lightweight and has no gear box, only a go and stop pedal. One person is interested in investing in a prototype and another person mentions an engine idea from a different forum. Someone else jokes about everyone driving steam cars in 2020. The conversation ends with a link to a picture of a steam car from 100 years ago.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I have in mind to build a super light steam car, my aims are 40/50 mph, no
creature comforts, runs off cheap farm fuel or even waste chip shop oil, steam powered cars are not taxable, start with a modest range of 60 miles
or so, other advantages are, no gear box, a go and a stop peddal, light weight engine.

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm in! Send over a prototype and I'll invest the whole nest egg (currently over $22,000 !).

Sounds great, Woolie. I particularly like your engine idea from the other forum.

Good luck with that.

With some luck everyone will be driving wollie steam cars by 2020,
(mad laugh).

http://www.killyman.u-net.com/images/steam9.jpg

You're 100 years too late.

Last edited by a moderator:
cyrusabdollahi said:
http://www.killyman.u-net.com/images/steam9.jpg

You're 100 years too late.
Where did you get that picture of my grandad :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Is a Cheap, Eco-Friendly, and Tax-Free Steam Car Possible?

1. What is Wollies steam car company?

Wollies steam car company is a car manufacturing company that specializes in producing vehicles powered by steam engines.

2. When was Wollies steam car company founded?

Wollies steam car company was founded in 1905 by brothers John and William Wollie.

3. What types of cars does Wollies steam car company produce?

Wollies steam car company produces a variety of cars, including sedans, coupes, and SUVs.

4. Is Wollies steam car company still in operation?

No, Wollies steam car company ceased production in the 1920s due to the rise of gasoline-powered cars.

5. Are there any surviving Wollies steam cars?

Yes, there are a few surviving Wollies steam cars in museums and private collections. They are considered rare and valuable pieces of automotive history.