Inverse laplace of a quadratic?

In summary, the inverse Laplace transform of a quadratic function is a function that transforms a complex variable in the Laplace domain back to its original time-domain representation. It is found by first transforming the quadratic function into the Laplace domain and then using tables, algebraic manipulation, or partial fraction decomposition. The formula for finding the inverse Laplace transform of a quadratic is (1/s^2 + a^2) / s, and it can be used in various fields of science, such as physics, engineering, and mathematics, particularly in solving differential equations and analyzing systems with complex variables.
Confabulator

Homework Statement

Y(s)=(s^2+s-6)/(s^2-2s+5)

The Attempt at a Solution

I tried splitting up the bottom into the form (s-1)^2+4, but I can't get the top to factor correctly to make that work. I'm not sure where to go from here, since I can't do partial fractions with the top and bottom being the same order. can anyone help me out?

Physics news on Phys.org
Here's an advice an engineer gave me, lend the book by schaum called lapalce transforms, it's great for what you need, get my drift. (-:

Related to Inverse laplace of a quadratic?

1. What is the inverse Laplace transform of a quadratic function?

The inverse Laplace transform of a quadratic function is a function that transforms a complex variable in the Laplace domain back to its original time-domain representation. It is used to solve differential equations with constant coefficients.

2. How do you find the inverse Laplace transform of a quadratic?

To find the inverse Laplace transform of a quadratic, the quadratic function needs to be first transformed into the Laplace domain using the Laplace transform. Then, the inverse Laplace transform can be found using tables, algebraic manipulation, or partial fraction decomposition.

3. What is the formula for finding the inverse Laplace transform of a quadratic?

The formula for finding the inverse Laplace transform of a quadratic is (1/s^2 + a^2) / s, where a is a constant representing the coefficient of the quadratic term.

4. Can the inverse Laplace transform of any quadratic function be found?

Yes, the inverse Laplace transform of any quadratic function can be found as long as the function is well-defined and the inverse Laplace transform exists. However, the process of finding the inverse Laplace transform may vary depending on the complexity of the quadratic function.

5. How is the inverse Laplace transform of a quadratic used in science?

The inverse Laplace transform of a quadratic is used in various fields of science, such as physics, engineering, and mathematics. It is particularly useful in solving differential equations and analyzing systems with complex variables. It also has applications in signal processing and control theory.