Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Interesting Youtube Channels

• Admin

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Like many, I spend a lot of time watching videos online. Some of them are silly and time wasting but some are very educational and interesting. I propose sharing some of our favorites from all categories. I'll start with some educational ones though. :D

C.G.P. Grey - This guy does fairly short videos that explain geography, history and government in really cool ways.
MinutePhysics - These videos are very short (~2 minutes) usually and discuss various physics ideas. Great for those who have a working knowledge of physics but not at the university or graduate level.
ChessNetwork - Jerry posts videos of him playing live, speed games, analyzes famous games and much more. Really cool channel if you're into chess.

Jameson

agentmulder

Feb 9, 2012
  • Admin

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Two more channels I thought of:

1) Vsauce - The host approaches really interesting questions with highly analytical answers. Not very technical in math or physics but still discusses lots of scientific ideas.
2) numberphile - British mathematicians discuss various ideas from number theory to math problems in movies. The math won't be anything new for those at an upper-level undergraduate level and above, but for teenagers and young mathematicians there are some really interesting videos.

mathmaniac

Mar 4, 2013
singing banana
Athene's theory of everything
(I just found it,its very popular in the youtube.Beware!Its a 50 minute video.I didn't see it,just fastforwarded.He talks a lot about the brain neurons and conciousness in his T.O.E although I don't understand why.)

• Admin

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Some more:

1) Big Think - collection of videos on almost every interesting topic you can think of by very big names in those fields
2) MinuteEarth - similar to Minute Physics, but with a different overall theme
3) Veritasium - through interviewing people on the street, the host explores very basic but important questions that we, on the whole, seem to poorly grasp

Farmtalk

Dec 25, 2012

TheBigBadBen

May 12, 2013