Interesting exercise: Torque, radiation, momentum and equilibrium

In summary, the conversation touches upon the concepts of torque, inertia moment, power, constant light speed, spot distance to the fiber, torsional constant, and the desired variable theta. The equilibrium equation, t = 0, is used, and a model equation for force is derived: F = P/c. The equation t = rF - pTheta = 0 is also discussed, along with the absorption and vector momentum of photons. Finally, the relationship between p, I, and m is mentioned.
LCSphysicist
Homework Statement
Print below
Relevant Equations
1600239086086.png

t is Torque
I is the inertia moment
P is the power
c is the constant light speed
r is the spot distance to the fiber
p is the torsional constant
theta is what we want
In the equilibrium $$t = 0$$

$$ F\Delta T = \frac{E}{c} = \frac{P\Delta T}{c} => *F* = \frac{P}{c} (1) $$
This will be the "model" equation to the force
$$ t = rF - p\Theta = 0 $$
But, as 0,4 photons are absorbed and 0,6 has their vector momentum on the contrary
$$ (0,4\frac{P}{c} + 2*0,6\frac{P}{c}) = F $$
$$\frac{1.6rP}{pc} = \Theta $$

Is this right?
"we can find p with I and m, but if this above is right, i though the rest is straightforward

Physics news on Phys.org
Looks good.

Likes LCSphysicist

1. What is torque and how does it relate to exercise?

Torque is a measure of the force that causes an object to rotate around an axis. In exercise, torque is important for movements such as lifting weights or performing a push-up, as it allows us to generate force and move our bodies.

2. How does radiation play a role in exercise?

Radiation refers to the transfer of energy through electromagnetic waves. In exercise, our bodies produce heat through metabolism, which is then transferred through radiation to the surrounding environment to maintain our body temperature.

3. What is momentum and why is it important in exercise?

Momentum is a measure of an object's mass and velocity. In exercise, momentum is important for movements such as running or jumping, as it allows us to move quickly and efficiently.

4. How does equilibrium come into play during exercise?

Equilibrium refers to a state of balance between opposing forces. In exercise, maintaining equilibrium is important for proper form and preventing injury. For example, balancing on one leg during a yoga pose requires equilibrium.

5. Can understanding these concepts improve my exercise routine?

Yes, understanding torque, radiation, momentum, and equilibrium can help you better understand the mechanics of your body during exercise and how to perform movements more efficiently and safely. It can also help you make informed decisions about your workout routine and prevent injury.