Integration with Euler angle of rotation matrixes

In summary, what you are trying to do is to take the derivative of a vector and do an integral, but the derivative of a vector is not a linear operator. To take the derivative of a vector, you need to use a different mathematical operator called a function.
RiceSweet
Hello, I was struggling with solving a specific integral. I know that I can rewrite the exponential matrices and the range of the three Euler angles. However, I am not sure I should I write
Screenshot 2018-11-24 00.08.05.png
in terms those three Euler angles.

Screenshot 2018-11-24 00.10.35.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-11-24 00.08.05.png
    Screenshot 2018-11-24 00.08.05.png
    1.1 KB · Views: 856
  • Screenshot 2018-11-24 00.10.35.png
    Screenshot 2018-11-24 00.10.35.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 1,474
Physics news on Phys.org
There is something fishy here. Both your matrices have determinant 0!

RiceSweet said:
Hello, I was struggling with solving a specific integral. I know that I can rewrite the exponential matrices and the range of the three Euler angles. However, I am not sure I should I write View attachment 234555 in terms those three Euler angles.

View attachment 234556
Sorry that I made a mistake for one of mine matrix. The matrix of Sz should like as follows
Screenshot 2018-11-30 13.39.10.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-11-30 13.39.10.png
    Screenshot 2018-11-30 13.39.10.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 726
Svein said:
There is something fishy here. Both your matrices have determinant 0!
Hello, thanks for your reply. I made a mistake of Sz matrix, and I just updated the correct matrix. Those two matrices do have a determine as well as trace equal to 0 because those matrices are the matrix representation of Sz and S^2 operator of spin 1/2 1/2 system in Quantum Mechanics. The three exponential inside the integral represents the rotation.

So your rotations are non-invertible?

Svein said:
Yes, because those rotations are acting on spins. For example, if We act this rotation operator related to Sz on an eigenstate |00>, we will get e^(0) = 1 as our result, and we can not reverse our process. Since our eigenvalue of |00> corresponding to the Sz operator is just 0.

Svein said:
I have the general expansion form of the rotation operator already. The problem that I am struggling with is that I didn't know how to break down the derivative of this Euler angle vector (theta), and do the right integral.
Screenshot 2018-11-30 16.11.55.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-11-30 16.11.55.png
    Screenshot 2018-11-30 16.11.55.png
    3.6 KB · Views: 639
Mathematically your expression does not make sense.

Since I never studied quantum mechanics, I cannot comment on whatever goes on backstage. I have, however, spent a couple of years working on robot arm coordinate transforms and I am therefore fully conversant with coordinate transform matrices.

Related to Integration with Euler angle of rotation matrixes

1. What is integration with Euler angle of rotation matrixes?

Integration with Euler angle of rotation matrixes is a mathematical process used to combine multiple rotation matrixes into a single matrix. It is commonly used in the fields of physics and engineering to represent the orientation of an object in three-dimensional space.

2. Why is integration with Euler angle of rotation matrixes important?

Integration with Euler angle of rotation matrixes is important because it allows for a more efficient representation and manipulation of three-dimensional rotations. It also allows for the conversion between different coordinate systems, making it a valuable tool in many scientific and engineering applications.

3. How does integration with Euler angle of rotation matrixes work?

Integration with Euler angle of rotation matrixes involves multiplying multiple rotation matrixes together in a specific order, depending on the sequence of rotations. This results in a single rotation matrix that represents the net rotation of the object.

4. What are the advantages of using integration with Euler angle of rotation matrixes?

One of the main advantages of using integration with Euler angle of rotation matrixes is its simplicity and efficiency in representing and manipulating three-dimensional rotations. It also allows for the conversion between different coordinate systems, making it a versatile tool for various applications in physics and engineering.

5. Are there any limitations to integration with Euler angle of rotation matrixes?

Integration with Euler angle of rotation matrixes has some limitations, particularly when dealing with certain types of rotations, such as gimbal lock. This refers to a situation where two of the three rotation axes align, causing a loss of one degree of freedom. Additionally, using a specific order of rotations may result in different final orientations, leading to ambiguity in some cases.