Integrating \int_0^2 \sqrt{65e^{2t}} dt for Beginners

• Thread starter 7yler
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Integrate
In summary, the conversation discusses how to integrate an expression involving the square root of 65e to the power of 2t. The expert suggests simplifying the argument and using the fact that the square root of a is equal to a to the power of 1/2. They also point out that e to the power of 2t can be written as (e^t)^2, which can be helpful in integrating the expression. After some calculations, the correct answer is determined to be 65 times the square root of e squared minus 65.
7yler
I am familiar with integration, but I'm stumped with this. How do you integrate something such as [tex]\int[/tex](from 0 to 2)[tex]\sqrt{65e(to the power of 2t}[/tex]dt

That is supposed to be the square root of 65e to the power of 2t.

Physics news on Phys.org

you should simplify the argument first.

Here's how you'd write your integral using LaTeX:
Code:
\int_0^2 \sqrt{65 e^{2t}} dt
which, when enclosed by "TEX" and "/TEX" (with the quotation marks replaced by square brackets), gives
[tex]\int_0^2 \sqrt{65 e^{2t}} dt[/tex]​

Anyway, try using the fact that [itex]\sqrt{a}=a^{1/2}[/itex].

Well, another to put it would be to see that

[tex] e^{2t} = (e^t)^2 [/tex]

which would fit nicely with the square root.

So I would get 65e^2 - 65?

Well, the 65 is still under a radical. Only e^t is squared under the square root.

Last edited:

So 65(e^2) - 65 is what I get when I follow through with the calculations, but I'm told that that answer is incorrect.

You didn't understand. The 65 must be under the radical sign, as in [itex] \sqrt{65} [/itex].

Oh okay. Thank you very much.

Related to Integrating \int_0^2 \sqrt{65e^{2t}} dt for Beginners

What does "Simply then integrate" mean?

"Simply then integrate" refers to the process of combining or merging different pieces of information or data to form a more comprehensive understanding or solution.

How is "Simply then integrate" used in scientific research?

In scientific research, "Simply then integrate" is often used to synthesize data from different studies or experiments, as well as to combine various theories or concepts to form a larger, more cohesive understanding of a particular topic or phenomenon.

What are the benefits of using "Simply then integrate" in scientific research?

The benefits of using "Simply then integrate" in scientific research include a more comprehensive understanding of a topic or problem, as well as the ability to identify patterns or connections that may not have been apparent when looking at individual pieces of information or data.

Can non-scientists also use "Simply then integrate" in their work?

Yes, "Simply then integrate" can be used in various fields, not just in scientific research. It can be applied in problem-solving, decision-making, and even in daily life situations where different pieces of information or perspectives need to be combined to reach a solution or understanding.

Are there any potential challenges when using "Simply then integrate" in scientific research?

There can be challenges when using "Simply then integrate" in scientific research, such as determining which information or data to include or how to properly integrate different theories or concepts. It also requires careful consideration and critical thinking to avoid bias or oversimplification of complex topics.