Integrating e^(2t)(25sint+20cost)dt using Integration by Parts

• Thread starter mshiddensecret
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Integrate
In summary, the conversation is about integrating a given expression using integration by parts. The person is unsure of what to set for u and v and ended up using Wolfram Alpha for the solution. The solution is e^(2t)(14sint+3cost)=C. The expert suggests splitting the integral into two parts and using different substitutions for u each time integration by parts is applied.
mshiddensecret

Homework Statement

Integrate: (e^(2t))(25sint+20cost)dt

Homework Equations

Integration by parts twice

The Attempt at a Solution

I don't know what to set for u and v.

I ended up wolfram alpha it but I want to know how to get there.

The solution is:

e^(2t)(14sint+3cost)=C

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
mshiddensecret said:

Homework Statement

Integrate: (e^(2t))(25sint+20cost)dt

Homework Equations

Integration by parts twice

The Attempt at a Solution

I don't know what to set for u and v.

I ended up wolfram alpha it but I want to know how to get there.

The solution is:

e^(2t)(14sint+3cost)=C
You could split the integral into two parts and work each one separately. I would start off with u1 = 25sin(t) for the first integral and u2 = 20cos(t) for the second one. Do similar substitutions the second time you apply integration by parts.

mshiddensecret said:
e^(2t)(14sint+3cost)=C
Should be + C, right?

Related to Integrating e^(2t)(25sint+20cost)dt using Integration by Parts

1. How would you integrate this into our current system?

The integration process would involve analyzing our current system and identifying any potential compatibility issues. Then, we would develop a plan for integrating the new technology, which may include developing new software or modifying existing systems. We would also perform thorough testing to ensure a smooth integration.

2. What steps would you take to ensure a successful integration?

The first step would be to clearly define the goals and objectives of the integration. We would also conduct thorough research and testing to ensure that the new technology is compatible with our current systems. Regular communication and collaboration with all team members would also be crucial for success.

3. How long would the integration process take?

The duration of the integration process can vary depending on the complexity of the technology and our current systems. It is important to thoroughly plan and test the integration, which may take a few weeks to several months. Regular updates and progress reports will be provided to keep all stakeholders informed.

4. What challenges do you foresee during the integration process?

One potential challenge could be compatibility issues between the new technology and our current systems. There may also be a learning curve for employees who will be using the new technology. We will address any challenges that arise and work closely with all team members to find solutions.

5. How would you ensure a smooth transition during the integration process?

We would take steps to minimize disruption to our current systems and operations. This could include implementing the integration in stages, providing training for employees, and having a backup plan in case of any issues. We would also have a dedicated team to oversee the integration and address any concerns or issues that may arise during the transition.