Integrating Compressible Flow Equations for V as a Function of x in MATLAB

In summary, the author is trying to find an expression for V as a function of x, but is having trouble integrating due to the integrals and derivatives in the equation.
yangshi

Homework Statement

( V1.4 A.4 C1 - (1/V) ) dV = dA / A
C1 is a constant, V=f(x), A=.25*pi*(.0222 - x2)
I'm trying to simplify the equation into a form with no integrals or derivatives, so I can put it into MATLAB to spit out an expression for V as a function of x. Or is it possible to put all this into MATLAB (r2011a)? Sorry about the notation; I'm new to this.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Derived this expression from Euler's, energy, ideal gas, continuity, and calorically perfect equations for compressible, isentropic flow. If I integrate both sides, I have trouble integrating:
V1.4 A.4 dV
It seems I have to know V(x) in the first place to integrate with respect to V.

Physics news on Phys.org
yangshi said:

Homework Statement

( V1.4 A.4 C1 - (1/V) ) dV = dA / A
C1 is a constant, V=f(x), A=.25*pi*(.0222 - x2)
I'm trying to simplify the equation into a form with no integrals or derivatives, so I can put it into MATLAB to spit out an expression for V as a function of x. Or is it possible to put all this into MATLAB (r2011a)? Sorry about the notation; I'm new to this.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Derived this expression from Euler's, energy, ideal gas, continuity, and calorically perfect equations for compressible, isentropic flow. If I integrate both sides, I have trouble integrating:
V1.4 A.4 dV
It seems I have to know V(x) in the first place to integrate with respect to V.

Using your definitions, we have
[tex]V^{1.4} A^{.4} dV = f(x)^{1.4} (a(b^2 - x^2))^{.4} d f(x), [/tex]
where ##a = \pi/4, \: b = 0.22##. You can write ##df(x) = f'(x) \, dx##, so your integral has the form
[tex] \int f'(x) f(x)^{1.4} (a b^2 - a x^2)^{.4} \, dx [/tex]
Whether or not this is "doable" depends on the form of the function ##f(x)##. You have not told us what is ##f(x)##.

I'm actually trying to figure out an expression for V=f(x). I know V=f(x) decreases when A increases, though I expect V=f(x) to be some ridiculous function. I'm trying to approach the problem analytically instead of numerically finding V, though it may be possible to input the whole function into MATLAB since everything's in terms of x. Thanks!

Related to Integrating Compressible Flow Equations for V as a Function of x in MATLAB

1. Is it possible to integrate two different systems or technologies?

Yes, it is possible to integrate two different systems or technologies by using a common interface or API. This allows for communication and data exchange between the two systems.

2. How long does integration typically take?

The time it takes to integrate two systems depends on the complexity of the systems and the level of integration required. It can range from a few days to several months.

3. What are the potential benefits of integration?

Integration can improve process efficiency, reduce manual data entry, increase data accuracy, and provide a more seamless experience for users. It can also allow for the utilization of new features and functionalities.

4. Are there any challenges or risks associated with integration?

Yes, there can be challenges and risks associated with integration, such as compatibility issues, data security concerns, and system downtime during the integration process. It is important to carefully plan and test the integration to mitigate these risks.

5. Can integration be reversed if needed?

In most cases, integration can be reversed if needed. However, it may require additional time and resources to undo the integration and revert back to the original systems. It is important to carefully consider the decision to integrate before proceeding.