Integral form of Particular solution question

In summary, the person is having trouble with part b) of a given equation and is attempting to solve it by using integration by parts. They are considering using the Leibniz integral rule and another person suggests using the given solution to help.
rohanlol7

Homework Statement

I'm fine with the first part. Part b) is causing me trouble
http://imgur.com/xA9CG5G

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I tried subbing in the solution y1 into the given equation, but I'm not sure how to differentiate this, i thought of using integration by parts, Maybe i could guess the form of the solution, but so far I can't seem to get anything close to what is required

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi rohanlol7:

Given an integral of the form
Y(x) = ∫0x y(x)dx​
dY(x)/dx = y(x).

Hope this helps.

ADDED
Sorry. I was careless reading the problem. Dicks' post should help.

Regards,
Buzz

Related to Integral form of Particular solution question

1. What is the Integral form of Particular solution question?

The Integral form of Particular solution question is a mathematical concept used in solving differential equations. It involves finding a particular solution to a differential equation by integrating the given functions and applying initial conditions.

2. How is the Integral form of Particular solution question different from other methods of solving differential equations?

The Integral form of Particular solution question is different from other methods of solving differential equations because it does not require finding the general solution and then applying initial conditions. Instead, it directly integrates the given functions to find a particular solution.

3. What are the steps involved in solving the Integral form of Particular solution question?

The steps involved in solving the Integral form of Particular solution question are:
1. Determine the order of the differential equation.
2. Integrate the given functions to find the particular solution.
3. Apply the initial conditions to find the constants of integration.
4. Write the final particular solution.

4. When is the Integral form of Particular solution question used?

The Integral form of Particular solution question is used when solving non-homogeneous differential equations with constant coefficients. It is also used when the initial conditions are given and the particular solution needs to be found directly.

5. Are there any limitations to the Integral form of Particular solution question?

Yes, the Integral form of Particular solution question can only be used for certain types of non-homogeneous differential equations with constant coefficients. It is not applicable for solving all types of differential equations. Additionally, it may not always result in a closed-form solution, and numerical methods may need to be used.