Insomniac Thread: 2am-6am - Companionship in the Nighttime

• Thread starter matthyaouw
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, the conversation is about people discussing their inability to sleep between the hours of 2am and 6am. Some reasons mentioned include being out at a nightclub, watching the news, playing computer games, insomnia, and having a different time zone. Some suggest cutting out caffeine and alcohol, while others mention trying to shift their sleep schedule. One person mentions not sleeping since Friday night and seeing the sunrise. Another talks about eating chili and being off from work. The overall consensus is that it's their own fault they can't sleep.
matthyaouw
Gold Member
Is is between the hours of 2am & 6am? Tell us what's keeping you awake.

My excuse tonight- I've been out to a nightclub, and don't feel like being alone at the moment, so I've turned to MSN messenger for companionship.

Physics news on Phys.org
i stay up to 5am looking at forums and playing computer games woot

It's about 2:30 am here. I've been watching the news on the elections in Iraq...and answering some questions here.

matthyaouw said:

My excuse tonight- I've been out to a nightclub, and don't feel like being alone at the moment, so I've turned to MSN messenger for companionship.

This is the third of these threads. I thought i was the only one who made these?

At anyrate, i have plain insomnia. I just can't sleep. So I'm awake. You get used to it after a while.

I've already slept. Now I have to go to work.

5 o'clock, still awake.

Am i at the point where this classifies as a medical problem yet?

NO coffee, no caffeine. Nothing. Still awake.

franznietzsche said:
5 o'clock, still awake.

move to a different time zone where that becomes normal! if the problem continues keep heading west

franznietzsche said:
5 o'clock, still awake.

If you also cut out the alcohol and this sleeping pattern persists, then it might count as a medical problem.

I need to take a week off and let myself phase shift back to a normal waking time. Unfortunately, the last time off was over Christmas and I was staying at my sister's house with a toddler (they are all morning people ) so didn't get to let myself shift around the clock. That's the only way I can get myself onto a "normal" routine.

Moonbear said:
If you also cut out the alcohol and this sleeping pattern persists, then it might count as a medical problem.

I need to take a week off and let myself phase shift back to a normal waking time. Unfortunately, the last time off was over Christmas and I was staying at my sister's house with a toddler (they are all morning people ) so didn't get to let myself shift around the clock. That's the only way I can get myself onto a "normal" routine.

Well i haven't slept since friday night now, and I'm still wide awake. On the upside, i saw the sunrise this morning. It was a beautiful day.

matthyaouw said:

I just finished a bowl of homemade chili with sour cream on top. And lurking around here, plus I'm off from work the entire week and getting paid for it

The_Professional said:
I just finished a bowl of homemade chili with sour cream on top. And lurking around here, plus I'm off from work the entire week and getting paid for it

homemade chili with sour cream...

Its your own fault you're not sleeping.

27 hours without sleep and counting, I'm sure to break 36 before i finally do go down.

Related to Insomniac Thread: 2am-6am - Companionship in the Nighttime

1. What is the purpose of the Insomniac Thread?

The Insomniac Thread is a virtual community created for individuals who struggle with insomnia and are seeking companionship and support during the nighttime hours. It serves as a safe space for insomniacs to connect with others who understand their struggle and provide comfort during the late hours.

2. How can I join the Insomniac Thread?

To join the Insomniac Thread, simply click on the designated thread or forum on the platform where it is hosted. Some forums may require you to create an account, while others may allow you to join as a guest. Once you have joined, you can start engaging with other members and participating in discussions.

3. Can I share personal experiences on the Insomniac Thread?

Yes, the Insomniac Thread is a space for individuals to share their personal experiences with insomnia and connect with others who may have similar struggles. However, we ask that all members respect each other's privacy and refrain from sharing sensitive information without the individual's consent.

4. Is the Insomniac Thread moderated?

Yes, the Insomniac Thread is moderated by a team of individuals who ensure that all members are following the community guidelines and that discussions remain respectful and supportive. If you have any concerns or issues, you can reach out to a moderator for assistance.

5. Can I use the Insomniac Thread as a substitute for medical advice?

No, the Insomniac Thread is not a substitute for medical advice. If you have concerns about your insomnia, we recommend seeking professional help from a healthcare provider. The Insomniac Thread is meant to provide companionship and support, but should not be used as a source of medical advice.