Inexpensive applied physics/mathmatics masters

In summary: I will definitely do some more research and choose a program based off of what I feel is the best fit for me.In summary, The programs mentioned are cheaper online but do not offer any stipends or teaching assistantships.
rppearso
Physics news on Phys.org
Bzzzzzzz

*THWACK!*

Sorry - there was a decimal point buzzing around.

/sarcasm

More seriously, why does it have to be online? Why not look for programs that you attend in person where you're supported by a stipend or teaching assistanceship?

My local university does not have that masters or anything close, at best they have a masters in mechanical engineering.

The second part of my answer is kind of ironic but I make too good of money where we live as does my wife. I want to start my own lab/machine shop and 30-40k can buy slot of equipment and get a metal building set up.

The masters would be more or less for myself and my own understanding as well as a resume back up if I had to find a new job ... but 30-40 k for it that's a hard pill to swallow and I will likely keep putting it off at that price.

Also I won't sign away my intellectual property rights for a piece of paper either.

Choppy said:
Bzzzzzzz

*THWACK!*

Sorry - there was a decimal point buzzing around.

/sarcasm

More seriously, why does it have to be online? Why not look for programs that you attend in person where you're supported by a stipend or teaching assistanceship?

Nobody :(

Awesome thank you, I did not even think to look outside of the USA.

Likes Independent

Related to Inexpensive applied physics/mathmatics masters

What is the cost of an inexpensive applied physics/mathematics masters program?

The cost of an inexpensive applied physics/mathematics masters program can vary depending on the institution and location, but on average, it can range from $10,000 to $30,000 per year. However, there are some programs that may cost less or more than this range.

What are the admission requirements for an inexpensive applied physics/mathematics masters program?

The admission requirements for an inexpensive applied physics/mathematics masters program may include a bachelor's degree in a related field, letters of recommendation, statement of purpose, transcripts, and standardized test scores. Some programs may also require a minimum GPA and relevant coursework.

Are there any scholarships or financial aid options available for an inexpensive applied physics/mathematics masters program?

Yes, there are scholarships and financial aid options available for an inexpensive applied physics/mathematics masters program. These may include merit-based scholarships, need-based scholarships, assistantships, and grants. It is recommended to research and apply for these opportunities early on in the application process.

What is the job outlook for individuals with an inexpensive applied physics/mathematics masters degree?

The job outlook for individuals with an inexpensive applied physics/mathematics masters degree is positive. Graduates may find employment in various industries such as engineering, research and development, data analysis, and education. The demand for professionals with a strong background in applied physics and mathematics is expected to grow in the coming years.

Can I pursue a PhD after completing an inexpensive applied physics/mathematics masters program?

Yes, you can pursue a PhD after completing an inexpensive applied physics/mathematics masters program. However, it is important to note that admission to a PhD program is competitive and may require additional qualifications and research experience. It is recommended to discuss your career goals with your academic advisor to plan your academic path accordingly.